closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heathrow T4 Inbound - How long to clear

Craftsman

Post Heathrow T4 Inbound - How long to clear

Has anyone travelled through T4 recently and can give me a rough guide on how long it took to clear the airport to the London Underground tube.

We arrive 06:25 and I think I was overly cautious booking the 13:00 train from Kings Cross

There is an 11:00 train from Kings Cross but the ticket cant be changed if we miss it

I’ve budgeted for the Piccadilly line tube to Kings Cross taking 1.1/2 hrs

Is 4.1/2 hrs Doable from the time we land?

Thanks

I would say that is reasonable timeframe.
    I land at T4 at least once a month
    Admittedly I do not have bags to collect but it usually takes about 20 /30 mins to get off the plane, through passport control before I jump on the tube.
    T4 to King’s Cross will be 1 hour 20 mins on the tube.
    The lizzy line is much a quicker way to get in to town but will involve changing unlike the Piccadilly line.

Craftsman

Fabulous. Thanks Sinnlover, I’ll get on with booking the train now.
    Really appreciate the help.

IanB

Master
    Absolutely no problem with those timings - that’s a journey I’ve done hundreds of times over the years and I don’t think it’s ever taken me anywhere near that long to get over to KGX. I think T4 tends to be busier in the evenings too so the border should be fine.

Finally if you haven’t got any rush, KGX is a decent place to spend a couple of hours these days anyway… it isn’t anything like the KGX of old!

You'll be at KX before 10am easily I'd have thought.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

If you are landing at 6.25 I'm guessing that's an ITA flight from Milan? If so airport will be very quiet, if you don't have bags you'll be through by 7am, if you do have bags maybe 7.20. Then tube to King's X just over an hour.

You'd be fine for the 11am but why not grab a lunch and take the 13.00 anyway.

Master
    I go through Heathrow a couple of times a year and then onwards by train. The two most recent times I have left ball park 4 hours between landing and leaving Paddington. We’ve landed at T3 - so a little quicker to access Elizabeth Line. On both journeys we have had sufficient time to grab a meal in the pub on Paddington station.

If you’re landing at 06.25 a lot will depend on where you’re flying in from, if there are other flights coming in at same time and if you’ve luggage to collect. Check flight stats on your flight to see if it is consistently on time or delayed.

At that time of day I’d stick to the tube, front or last carriage and either sleep or have something to watch / read as it’s mind-numbingly slow but at least it’s direct.

Get a breakfast at The Parcel Yard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Heathrow to Paddington, if you end up pushed for time, Heathrow Express is a good option. 15 mins journey and a train every 10 minutes generally. Always quiet too, I guess because of the extra cost. Not sure I could stomach the Piccadilly Line into central London despite the saving.

For those really into cost saving on the Piccadilly Line, don't forget to get out at Hatton Cross, tap out then tap in again and get the next train. This prevents you being charged a Zone 6 fare as the initial journey is within the Heathrow free travel zone then Hatton Cross is Zone 5.
    Last edited by Christian; 5th March 2024 at 14:15.

Craftsman
    Thanks all.
    We are flying in from Sri Lanka and will have been travelling for 18hrs by the time we get to Heathrow so won’t really want to hang around. And we have backpacks too.
    The Parcel Yard sounds like a great shout. I’d kill for a decent bacon or sausage sarnie right now after 2 months of curried everything.

The 11:00 train is booked.

Master
    Landed from NY to T3 last Friday. Plane landed 06:55. We were through immigration, collected bags and walking through customs just after 07:30 which is a record for me.
    Last edited by reecie; 5th March 2024 at 16:56.

I used to take a weekly Air Malta bus to T4 at one time but make a point of avoiding LHR these days so can’t comment usefully on how quickly you’ll be through- but I do remember some lengthy baggage carousels waits.

Taking the Liz Line and changing at Farringdon will be a lot quicker and more comfortable than the Piccadilly for sure.