closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Eurostar home from Paris

Master

Eurostar home from Paris

I am returning from Munich to Leeds by train in May, i shall arrive at Gare Du L'Est and need to walk upto Nord and checkin for the Eurostar to London. Anybody got any experience on the timings? How long do i need?

I did it quite a while ago, but google maps shows it at 650m and 11mins walk.

The walk itself is short, a little over 5-minutes or so. But allow time for getting out of and into each station. I wouldn't be comfortable with less than 20-minutes between trains and this assumes all are on time.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFastybloke View Post
    I am returning from Munich to Leeds by train in May, i shall arrive at Gare Du L'Est and need to walk upto Nord and checkin for the Eurostar to London. Anybody got any experience on the timings? How long do i need?
    About the same as between St Pancras and Euston.
    Depending of how much luggage you carry I would say 10 minutes
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    The walk itself is short, a little over 5-minutes or so. But allow time for getting out of and into each station. I wouldn't be comfortable with less than 20-minutes between trains and this assumes all are on time.
    Its the checking in part that is fazing me, i have the option of 39 mins between or 1h 40

Its the checking in part that is fazing me, i have the option of 39 mins between or 1h 40
    In that case it isn't even an option. Brexit didn't help but it was never a quick process. I suggest you make sure you are in GdN at least 60 minutes before departure, and preferably 90 (it is possible that Eurostar guidelines now say 2 hours)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    In that case it isn't even an option. Brexit didn't help but it was never a quick process. I suggest you make sure you are in GdN at least 60 minutes before departure, and preferably 90 (it is possible that Eurostar guidelines now say 2 hours)

thankyou, will book a later train to be safe.

Master
    Last time I tried (2013) there was a very long queue at Gare du Nord. About 45 mins. I hope they've improved their act a bit since then.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Last time I tried (2013) there was a very long queue at Gare du Nord. About 45 mins. I hope they've improved their act a bit since then.
    They haven’t. Not Eurostar’s fault as they entirely depend on the speed Police des Frontières and Border Control go about their business, and while staffing of PdF in Paris is not a problem, BF are very sensitive to any members of the shift being late or feeling unwell ( the reverse is true in London). And it so happens that since 2013 a certain event increased the required scrutiny.
    By the way OP, make sure the PdF stamps your passport both ways.

You've been away too long - it's Police aux Frontières la PAF. There is, or there was the last time I went, a UK Border Force passport checkpoint before boarding - more queues.

Eurostar home from Paris

des vs aux… aren’t we saying the same thing?
    There are always 2 check points, one to leave the EU (PAF), one to enter the UK (BF). The difference is the time it takes the PAF to stamp every UK passport. 20 seconds per passenger (opening on the correct page, check the stamp for entry date and stamp the exit) on a train that holds 500…
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 5th March 2024 at 00:07.