closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex warranty timescales

Journeyman

Rolex warranty timescales

I dropped my 12xx sub in last week with my local AD to fix the erratic timekeeping problem. They quoted me 10-12 weeks which seems rather excessive!

Anyone recently experienced Rolex warranty lead times?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

In May ‘22 I had my GMT back in 4 weeks for a warranty claim. I’m not sure yours will be covered by warranty, but let’s hope.

12wks used to be the almost standard max time.

You could be looking at 3-4wks these days from what people have reported here.

Journeyman
    thanks all, fingers crossed!

What happened to the timekeeping, please?

Mine is currently keeping consistent time, but if it’s going to go wrong I hope it’s before the warranty expires.

Master
    Had my daytona back in under 3 weeks as time keeping was erratic after service. But I took it into them directly and had it sent back very impressed; they were very apologetic.

Blog Entries
    Is that the infamous 32xxxx movement issues? Can you elaborate what’s up with yours? If the movement is out of specification Rolex should fix that quite quickly maybe 2-3weeks for a maintenance issue.

i take it you didn’t drop your sub in your AD? I don’t issues arising would be covered :-(
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 4th March 2024 at 19:20.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Journeyman
    sorry for the confusing figure of speech....dropped in as in "I dropped into my local AD" not, I dropped the watch in the AD!!

Re issues the watch has always been a few seconds slow and running about 210 at best on amplitude. Over the past 3 months it suddenly became a lot worse and quite erratic. After fully winding the watch and setting the time it would lose minutes in the 1st 24 hours (8 minutes in 24 hrs) however would then typically settle done to minus 7-20 seconds each day. I stuck it on the timegrapher and max amp dial up was 210-230 but in all other positions well below 200 (lowest was 160) and -7-10 beat error too.

This is basically in line with the movement issue many have experienced and the watch is a Feb 2021 model so still in the manufacturer warranty.

I'll let you know how it gets on if interested, hopefully it will come back sorted for good. All my other Rolex are 31xx movements and they have all been brilliant (as in fact have all Omega's too). TBH depending on how it all goes I won't be buying any more with this series of movement unless its properly fixed as timekeeping is important to me (appreciate many don't care!).

Grand Master
    Assuming the watch was fully wound those amplitude figures are absolutely dire. Standard way to check is to fully wind the watch then let it run for a few minutes, let it run for an hour and re-check the numbers.

I assume the figures were obtained from a proper timegrapher and not a phone?

Journeyman
    Yes, I have a Weishi timegrapher and agree with you the numbers are not good!

Journeyman
    well I have my answer, less then 2 weeks...called today to say ready for collection.

I'm going in Thursday so will stick it on the timegrapher for 24 hours and see if its fixed.

Journeyman
    4 weeks for me, after being told 12!

Journeyman
    My Tudor FXD went to the RSC for poor amplitude and being out of spec on timekeeping mid-February. Week and a half roughly to get told by the AD that it was sorted - but also RSC bluntly told AD they will not provide details of the work done because I’m not allowed to know - and now we’re up to two and a half weeks for the watch to get back from London to Southampton. So it’s spent more time in transit than being fixed now!

Dropped off a watch late Thursday and had an email Friday to say they were going to regulate it under warranty. Was told when dropping it off it could be a month worst case scenario.