closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Dialed Speedmaster

Master

White Dialed Speedmaster

According to instagram, it's due for release tomorrow. I found the below on omegaforums (I can't vouch for it's authenticity!):

I like the idea, but of course it will be extremely expensive.

Chances of these being available to mere mortals are slim to infinitesimally small I imagine. Certainly in the short term. It's nice though, and yes it is being released very soon as per their Socials.

Another special edition, soon to end up languishing on Chronos24 like so many others.

Shame.

Rumours it’s going on sale the same RRP as the current black version not limited, although and expected price rise is apparently due

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

mmm do i really like that but do i need another white dial speedy ? or white dial watch come to that owning 8 already

Not limited as far as I know. At the new prices and drop in resale it would make sense to sit and wait and pick up a nearly new with a third off......looks nice mind you. A lot depends on supply. Waited 2 years for a 321 ed white before I gave up.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    £7,600

Looks lovely! What I’ve been hoping for a while! How ever will wait a year or so for them to filter through and tank in price (not limited) before picking on up

Master
    Looks super and not a limited model unless I am missing something.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...31030425004001

Grand Master
    Didn’t Omega do a white dialled Speedy Reduced in the past, only sold in limited markets? I’m referring to a variant of the 3510:50 with the DD modular movement. I’m sure I’ve seen one in the past.

White dial works nicely, 42mm doesn’t work nicely for me, hand- wound at this price point is a joke. If they’re still persisting with the acrylic crystal that’s even funnier. Don’t be fooled by the term ‘hesalite’, it’s acrylic plastic (aka perspex) and nothing more.

Let’s be clear on one thing, this watch has no connection whatsoever with space exploration in the 60s!

A 39mm automatic version at sensible money would be far more appealing to me, but I guess I’m not the target market.

Master
    Looks fantastic, superb clarity with that combo (not that there's anything wrong with the standard Speedmaster in that regard).

Want.

£7,600. Don't want.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Do they do a hesalite version? Website only lists as a sapphire sandwich

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Do they do a hesalite version? Website only lists as a sapphire sandwich
    No this one is sapphire only. I think even Omega are a tad embarrassed by offering a plastic crystal on a £6K watch so all new Speedy editions have sapphire now. I guess it is only anchoring to the Space connection that keeps it on the base model.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Didn’t Omega do a white dialled Speedy Reduced in the past, only sold in limited markets? I’m referring to a variant of the 3510:50 with the DD modular movement. I’m sure I’ve seen one in the past.

White dial works nicely, 42mm doesn’t work nicely for me, hand- wound at this price point is a joke. If they’re still persisting with the acrylic crystal that’s even funnier. Don’t be fooled by the term ‘hesalite’, it’s acrylic plastic (aka perspex) and nothing more.

Let’s be clear on one thing, this watch has no connection whatsoever with space exploration in the 60s!

A 39mm automatic version at sensible money would be far more appealing to me, but I guess I’m not the target market.
    Yes. The 3510.20. I took some advice from you before (ultimately not) buying one.

It’s still on my want list but they’ve been floating around £3.5-4k which is a bit much for a speedie reduced. I suspect that price will only go up now that this has been released at 7.6k.

There is at least one on the forum. I’m buying if anyone is selling!

The perfect Speedy. I could easily be tempted once there are some sensibly priced pre-loved examples available.

Really good looking watch. Wouldn’t buy new and want to see some real world pictures but it is an interesting potential future purchase second hand.

I think there will be a lot that will have both black and white, one on a strap, one on a bracelet. That'll give you some really versatile options from two watches.

Master
    Meadowhall Omega boutique says a waiting list already in operation and don't know when they will have one.

Think I might like the 38 mm black dial automatic version, 100 m WR too.

Love it......

First on the local boutique list so hopefully it won't take long to arrive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The perfect Speedy. I could easily be tempted once there are some sensibly priced pre-loved examples available.
    I'll second that.

Just in...

Pretty damn gorgeous!

I really like it. I just so happen to be wearing this one today.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I do like the black hands and markers

It's lovely

however and it's a big however

Omega are still seemingly having massive problems getting hour markers to line up straight on any Speedy with applied markers

I sold both my Tokyo models as once you have seen markers not lining up with hours or sub dials it looks so wrong

look at the All gold models exactly the same and if you go on Omega website now , even the launch photos of the white dial shows they are well out.

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...31030425004001

Last edited by TKH; 5th March 2024 at 20:20.

Quote Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
    I really like it. I just so happen to be wearing this one today.

There it is!

Craftsman
    My white dial Speedmaster of the racing variety I prefer.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nNyBxA]

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Scrap this they just looked black on the photo

Like other have said not sure what it others beyond my other current white dialled Speedies apart not not being a panda!

Would I wear it more than this one…not sure

Also in relation to the above comment on the applied indices I don’t see an issue on my Tokyo Panda even when zooming in to a macro level.

Maybe your eyesight/OCD is greater than mine!

Nice but Speedies look a bit crap with sapphire crystal IMHO. Hesalite looks much warmer and flows better. Again all IMHO.

Scrap this they just looked black on the photo
    They are black.

They look great on a white dial. A bit like a white Buckley dial with the black hands and markers. Nice and legible.

Last edited by j111dja; 5th March 2024 at 19:12.

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Like other have said not sure what it others beyond my other current white dialled Speedies apart not not being a panda!

Would I wear it more than this one…not sure

Also in relation to the above comment on the applied indices I don’t see an issue on my Tokyo Panda even when zooming in to a macro level.

Maybe your eyesight/OCD is greater than mine!

The nicest of the Tokyo’s lovely

Yes my OCD is bad if you look at photos I posted its not just the angles they are applied at take a look at spacing between the second markers often not centred between markers, personally it makes my teeth itch but I understand its more my hang up

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nice but Speedies look a bit crap with sapphire crystal IMHO. Hesalite looks much warmer and flows better. Again all IMHO.
    You are wrong but then it is only one your many opinions!

Very nice

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post

Yes my OCD is bad if you look at photos I posted its not just the angles they are applied at take a look at spacing between the second markers often not centred between markers, personally it makes my teeth itch but I understand its more my hang up
    I think you mean the sub seconds markers any difference in spacing is so small that it can so easily be the angle of the watch and looking with light reflections that can give the illusion of imperfect symmetry. In any case your eyesight is much better than mine as I can barely make out the sub second markers at a normal viewing distance and I only macro when taking photos!

Of course, in your photos the indices are clearly off centre and I would have also returned them for correction/replacement. Sub seconds alignment I can live with!

Grand Master

Can`t believe anyone looks at dials in such detail, even as one who fixes 'em I accept that dials sometimes contain inaccuracies and that's just how they are, would never let it put me off a watch.

Seriously, I think you've got problems if you've got a hang-up over such a minor issue. Take a step back and learn to enjoy a watch for what it is.

Master
    It does look lovely. Would like to see that lacquer dial in real life.

Master

Seriously, I think you've got problems if you've got a hang-up over such a minor issue. Take a step back and learn to enjoy a watch for what it is.
    A £7,600 precision instrument…
    If they really aren’t applied straight, I think that’s a serious quality issue

I like it but not at £7.6k. That said, I'll jump at the opportunity to drop £9.4k on a Sub LV if my AD does as they say they will later this year.....

Hodinkee have covered it here: https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/in...el-speedmaster

Can`t believe anyone looks at dials in such detail, even as one who fixes 'em I accept that dials sometimes contain inaccuracies and that's just how they are, would never let it put me off a watch.

Blimey Paul

I’ve got problems because I don’t find this level of finish acceptable, minor issue to you maybe.

Last edited by TKH; 5th March 2024 at 20:41.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    They are black.

They look great on a white dial. A bit like a white Buckley dial with the black hands and markers. Nice and legible.

Those hour markers are not sitting flat on the dial! Looks a bit weird...is it the same on black dials? Never noticed this before as my speedies have painted markers.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Craftsman

White Dialed Speedmaster

The hour markers are inlaid on the black dial.

Grand Master
    Not sure you're supposed to magnify watches to this extent and look for flaws. Trust me, there are flaws in most watches if you look hard enough, I do this whilst working on them but I class that as a separate activity to wearing and enjoying them.

Not sure you're supposed to magnify watches to this extent and look for flaws. Trust me, there are flaws in most watches if you look hard enough, I do this whilst working on them but I class that as a separate activity to wearing and enjoying them.
    easy to see with naked eye Paul pop over to CH24 and take a look you might be surprised how many have terrible marker alignment.

you have a lower standard of acceptability to me .... and that's fine no issue no need to argue

I have OCD with bezels lining up perfectly too hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Stegeorgy View Post
    My white dial Speedmaster of the racing variety I prefer.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nNyBxA]
    That's very nice and has got me looking. Found a few reasonably priced watches (when I say reasonable it's compared to the new prices...) on Chronos24.

Master
    Wasnt the Apollo 11 a nice white dialled albeit Panda Speedy. Im a sucker for white dial’s, a Millgaus being constantly on my browsing searches .

Why did I let this go, imo the best white dial omega did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    easy to see with naked eye Paul pop over to CH24 and take a look you might be surprised how many have terrible marker alignment.

you have a lower standard of acceptability to me .... and that's fine no issue no need to argue

I have OCD with bezels lining up perfectly too hey ho.
    Sounds like a case of OCD, don’t criticise the standards I work to, I’m a realist and you’re the one who needs to sort himself out.

Deal with it, watches are rarely perfect if you scrutinise carefully, I know that because I work with them but I’m realistic enough to accept that.

I've come across a few folks who are obsessed with details, minor blemishes, minor manufacturing defects, I find it all a bit pathetic.

Anyone who suffers from OCD will get zero sympathy from me, my advice is to sort your head out.

Sounds like a case of OCD, don’t criticise the standards I work to, I’m a realist and you’re the one who needs to sort himself out.

Deal with it, watches are rarely perfect if you scrutinise carefully, I know that because I work with them but I’m realistic enough to accept that.

I've come across a few folks who are obsessed with details, minor blemishes, minor manufacturing defects, I find it all a bit pathetic.

Anyone who suffers from OCD will get zero sympathy from me, my advice is to sort your head out.
    You could turn your reasoning completely around to criticise your view as a lack of care or having very low standards. It cuts both ways.

Both of your positions are valid. What you are willing to accept is unacceptable to someone else and that’s fine.

You should be careful critiquing someone’s expectation’s in such a personal manner because some others may see this as you having low standards and baulk at offering their precious watch to you if it needs work.

Maybe look to your own head and attitude before demanding it from others!

Oh dear Paul you’re having another full on flounce whenever you start dishing out your not so friendly passive aggressive insulting ‘advice’ late at night.

It’s not OCD to expect stuff to line up correctly in my opinion, and were all entitled to one calling me pathetic for highlighting the issue in WT is childish.

Kitchen doors I like those to line up and will tweek until they meet up correctly, similarly pictures on walls I like em straight.

I love Omegas and have several but they need to improve applied hour marker alignment ‘consistency’ IMHO as a bit hit and miss some spot on some not but once you see a bad one wonky at 6,9 or worse 12 its hard to ignore (for me anyway).
    Last edited by TKH; 6th March 2024 at 08:54.