closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RNLI 200 years old today.

Master
    We also have the HM Coastguard, government funded but also with thousands of volunteers who help with rescues. They also operate the UKs SAR helicopters and other assets, so it’s not just the RNLI responsible for sea rescue.

They work in partnership with government assets, similar to the way that most air ambulance charities work in partnership with their local NHS trust.

Most air ambulance charities I’ve worked with over the years actively don’t want to be government funded as they want to retain operational independence and fear that they’d be a low priority for government funding anyway, so can only guarantee the finance they need by raising it via charity contributions.

I’d imagine that the RNLI would feel similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    We also have the HM Coastguard, government funded but also with thousands of volunteers who help with rescues. They also operate the UKs SAR helicopters and other assets, so it’s not just the RNLI responsible for sea rescue.

They work in partnership with government assets, similar to the way that most air ambulance charities work in partnership with their local NHS trust.

Most air ambulance charities I’ve worked with over the years actively don’t want to be government funded as they want to retain operational independence and fear that they’d be a low priority for government funding anyway, so can only guarantee the finance they need by raising it via charity contributions.

I’d imagine that the RNLI would feel similarly.
    My late Mum was a big advocate and donor for the air ambulance. They do a wonderful job.

Had one of their 'copters land in a field near my house to airlift an old dear that had been in an accident.
    Cheers,
    Neil.