closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: VPC Watches

VPC Watches

The first watch from VPC will be available for pre-order from Thursday. The owner of the brand has been documenting the experience of launching a watch brand on Fratello - it's been quite interesting to read along.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/watc...0YrGzNarKodsXo

I think the watches look very nice and have an impressive set of features: nice diameter, thin, short lug to lug, 120m water resistant, solid lume indices, quick release bracelet with tool free micro adjust on the clasp, frosted texture dial with bespoke font etc.

It's not cheap at €2479 exc VAT but I think it looks great on paper - I'll be interested to see the real world photos soon. Anyone else been following this?

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Looks ok, reminds me of the recent Baltic release. £3k is a lot to ask for a first effort, even if the watch is of a very high calibre.

I like the look, especially the rather unusual case, and the spec is excellent and really well thought-out - the price seems entirely justified to me

Those articles were an excellent read and insight, thanks.

As for the watch, overall I think he's done an amazing job and good luck to him. But for my eyes, the subdial is too big and I'm 'undecided' about the bezel design (or lack of it).

Glad you enjoyed them! Yes, it's quite "squat" looking and the sub dial is pretty exaggerated. I do like the grey dialled version though. It looks like it will wear really well with the thin, slightly curved case and thin, tapering bracelet too. It's not cheap but I don't think the price is too out of proportion given the specs - should be £2600ish delivered. I do think it appears to have been made with an enthusiast's eye for detail - all the little features are present. Really looking forward to seeing the prototypes this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TH14TH14 View Post
    Glad you enjoyed them! Yes, it's quite "squat" looking and the sub dial is pretty exaggerated. I do like the grey dialled version though. It looks like it will wear really well with the thin, slightly curved case and thin, tapering bracelet too. It's not cheap but I don't think the price is too out of proportion given the specs - should be £2600ish delivered. I do think it appears to have been made with an enthusiast's eye for detail - all the little features are present. Really looking forward to seeing the prototypes this week.
    Allowing for 'some' profit, if the watch has cost that much to design/prototype/produce etc etc then that's the cost. Small, bespoke, runs are always going to be comparatively expensive. It will be interesting to see if he does 'sell out' the first batch.