I have a couple of 'nice' watches, one with a crown logo with all the bits of paperwork etc, a Seamaster and a Longines Hydroconquest for work, but the Planet Ocean simply amazes me. I sent it away to Genesis watchmaking in Cumbria for a service back in the Autumn, end of October sort of time. When it came back I was informed it would settle down after a month or two, but even then it was keeping time to with 10 seconds a week. As a bit of a gauge as to how well she is running I have worn her for the whole of February, setting the time by Time Is at noon on 1st February. I haven't altered it at all, but I have changed how I put it down at night, sometimes face up, sometime side down with the face looking at me when I roll over in bed. I checked it again today, at noon, it was 11 seconds fast! That is after a month, not a week. To say I am happy is an understatement. I think it is the best looking of my watches too, although the Seamaster runs it close. The polished hands catch the light, the slightest bit of light, so even when it is dimpsy and the daylight hasn't charged the lume with it being under my sleeve, the hands are readable by their glint.

How accurate are really accurate watches? Or is this one of those freaks? I will give it a rest and wear the Seamaster for a month and see how that fares.