closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLR 2.0 Si4 Ingenium engine RR Evoque/Jaguar E Pace

Master

JLR 2.0 Si4 Ingenium engine RR Evoque/Jaguar E Pace

I really don't know what's up with me, but I'm thinking of downsizing to the above.
    I know enough to steer well clear of the diesel ingenium engine, but am I right in thinking that the petrol versions also suffer from cam chain/pully wear and eventual failure?
    I really do want to stay with LR, but I know deep down that they are money-pits.
    Or should I just buy a Qashqai? I did go sensible a few years ago, it didn't last long.
    Any info or directions would be greatly appreciated.
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    I really do want to stay with LR, but I know deep down that they are money-pits.
    Wowser, the JLR marketing really is that good.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I would not touch either Diesel or Petrol.

You can lead a horse to water…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I would not touch either Diesel or Petrol.
    Research, personal experience or anecdote? Genuinely interested, not trying to be glib, I've tried to ask a genuine question. I was hoping for similar replies.

Master
    This thread needs Frankie Four Fingers to chip in - resident expert on all things JLR.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Research, personal experience or anecdote? Genuinely interested, not trying to be glib, I've tried to ask a genuine question. I was hoping for similar replies.
    I had a Evoque from launch which had the previous engine which to be honest was OK, but when I came to change my car for the Discovery they had switched to the ingenium in 2015 the problems were there from the off. In the end I bought a Discovery 4 what a mistake that was, the V6 diesel engine with its breaking camshaft is well documented. If you search YouTube there a plenty of mechanics who point out all of the problems associated with Ingenium engines. I purchased a new X3 which touch wood is a joy to own.

Was there one on here recently giving all kinds of grief?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Had 2016MY Evoque with D180, 2018MY E-Pace with D180, 2020 F-Pace with D240 and 2022 F-Pace with P400e. Never had any engine probs but maybe didn't get to high enough mileages?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Can you lease it? This way your not stuck with it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I had a Evoque from launch which had the previous engine which to be honest was OK, but when I came to change my car for the Discovery they had switched to the ingenium in 2015 the problems were there from the off. In the end I bought a Discovery 4 what a mistake that was, the V6 diesel engine with its breaking camshaft is well documented. If you search YouTube there a plenty of mechanics who point out all of the problems associated with Ingenium engines. I purchased a new X3 which touch wood is a joy to own.
    The launch Evoque had a Ford petrol engine and a 2.2d that wasn't too bad. It was the diesel Ingenium that everyone was talking about, and not in a good way. There were far fewer petrol engines about, I guess until recently with the change in focus re particulates. It's the petrol engine I'm researching, hence asking for experiences.
    The v6 diesel crankshaft has always been a lottery, I've had two and they've been great (serviced well with quality oil). More likely that the inlet manifolds will split though. I had an X3 loaner at one time and a friend has one and it leaves me cold tbh, we are all different.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    I think that turned out to have been diagnosed by a mechanic who knew what he was talking about to be vvt solenoid.

I think that turned out to have been diagnosed by a mechanic who knew what he was talking about to be vvt solenoid.
    Don’t think that one at the point of the last post by the OP was actually diagnosed and was just going from the flagged fault codes.
    I really don't know enough about the petrol ingeniums to comment however i guess the fact I've not heard anything bad is a good thing. Put it this way i would rather have a petrol than a diesel.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Had 2016MY Evoque with D180, 2018MY E-Pace with D180, 2020 F-Pace with D240 and 2022 F-Pace with P400e. Never had any engine probs but maybe didn't get to high enough mileages?
    Ah, another JLR user. From what I've read elsewhere, there was a change, certainly to the petrol Ingenium, with the MY19 engines. My understanding with the timing gear is that it was a lubrication issue and there was a redesigned pully/chain after that, which is different to DPF/oil dilution issues of the diesels.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
    Can you lease it? This way your not stuck with it
    I can absolutely see your point, but doesn't really suit my personal circumstances at the moment. To be clear, I'm not looking at new, but want it to tide me over the next 3-4 years at which point we will decide if we're going down to one car.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I can absolutely see your point, but doesn't really suit my personal circumstances at the moment. To be clear, I'm not looking at new, but want it to tide me over the next 3-4 years at which point we will decide if we're going down to one car.
    Buying used and needs to last 3 to 4 years, no way would i entertain a JLR product.

Blog Entries
    Ah, another JLR user. From what I've read elsewhere, there was a change, certainly to the petrol Ingenium, with the MY19 engines. My understanding with the timing gear is that it was a lubrication issue and there was a redesigned pully/chain after that, which is different to DPF/oil dilution issues of the diesels.
    No idea about that to be honest. Like I said never had engine problems with any of them, but never done high mileages either. If I was that worried about what might happen I'd buy something cheaper and throw it away if it broke.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 2nd March 2024 at 13:26.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Don’t think that one at the point of the last post by the OP was actually diagnosed and was just going from the flagged fault codes.
    I really don't know enough about the petrol ingeniums to comment however i guess the fact I've not heard anything bad is a good thing. Put it this way i would rather have a petrol than a diesel.
    just to complete the story: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...56#post6361956

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    I saw that thanks, definitely 10k oil/filter changes.
    Glad you got it sorted, just goes to show how a knowledgeable indi is worth their weight in gold.