closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 29th February......always an odd day for me

29th February......always an odd day for me

My mother died on this day, twenty years ago. Whilst I remember her often, it always feels very strange 'having' to wait four years to 'properly' remember her. Does that make sense?
    RIP mum.
    Last edited by Mouse; 29th February 2024 at 11:02.

It does make sense and not something I’d considered before. But it’s just a date, your memories are what’s important.

Thanks.
    Aye, got plenty of memories. The date, being what it is, just makes remembrance seem even more special - in a good way oc.

Master
    It does make sense. Feb 29th is an important date for me too (but in happier circumstances) and it is always odd when it comes round and we can ‘officially’ remember the date.
    Hope you have a good day celebrating your mum’s life.

An extra day of slogging as a corporate wage slave for no extra money when compared to the last 3, and next 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    An extra day of slogging as a corporate wage slave for no extra money when compared to the last 3, and next 3 years.
    Thanks for your compassion. Welcome to my ignore list.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    My mother died on this day, twenty years ago. Whilst I remember her often, it always feels very strange 'having' to wait four years to 'properly' remember her. Does that make sense?
    RIP mum.
    It does make sense, I’ve only ever thought of it from a birthday sense, so thanks for the additional perspective.

My mother has been gone nearly 12 years now, it really doesn’t feel that long ago though, such is she missed.

Thanks for your compassion. Welcome to my ignore list.
    It is not an attempt by me to be crass or insensitive. I actually didn’t read the opening comment before making my contribution, and contributed in my usual dry way.

Master
    Christ almighty, if that’s the first thing you think of on 29th Feb you really should seek help. Your obsession with money is something else

OP - ignore this guy and celebrate her life on what is a special day

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

Appreciated thanks. I was not looking for sympathy in my post, just saying it's always an 'odd' day of remembrance for me.......as it is for, no doubt, countless others.

It's heartwarming that you have many positive memories to reflect on. They must feel particularly meaningful when the 'actual day' comes around.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Craftsman
    It does make sense, it can be a funny world sometimes.

Happy and positive thoughts to you, may your mum rip.

Blog Entries
    I have an aunt (she was married with my mom's younger brother) and she is having her 100th b'day today. She received more than a handful cards from people wishing her a happy 25th birthday...

But like the OP's starter view on the significance of Feb 29, in a sad way, she once told me that she feels that a birthday celebration on March 1, is not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I have an aunt (she was married with my mom's younger brother) and she is having her 100th b'day today. She received more than a handful cards from people wishing her a happy 25th birthday...

But like the OP's starter view on the significance of Feb 29, in a sad way, she once told me that she feels that a birthday celebration on March 1, is not the same.
    Happy birthday to your aunt.....< I laughed at the 25th birthday part, never thought of that before! > I hope she doesn't have to wait four years each time for presents lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Christ almighty, if that’s the first thing you think of on 29th Feb you really should seek help. Your obsession with money is something else

Move along sonny. I don’t need your virtue signalling. And try not to take internet posts at face value when they are taking the piss. Some people like to mess around a little when commenting. Life is boring otherwise.

But as I explained to you Op, I had not read the opening thread when I commented. It was a quick quip on a snatched look at my phone between meetings.

If I had read the opening comment to which the thread was related, I would not have commented that way, or commented at all. I am not that fooking insensitive.

Sorry about your mum, I know how that feels.
    But on the 29th subject, my niece is a leap baby, having a 3rd/12th birthday today. I remember having a conversation with the parents when she was born about when the birthday would be celebrated in non leap years, my logic was to always have it the day after the 28th, so the 29th or 1st March, they disagreed saying 1st March would then mean the birthday is in the wrong month. Seems there's a mix on how people do it either way, but topic came up at work today and it seems legally it should be the 1st March, a leap baby cannot drive on 28th of their 17th year, drink on their 18th etc, marry, army and so on, so guess I'm right. Imagine having your 18th birthday party but not legally being able to drink

Master
    Move along sonny. I don’t need your virtue signalling. And try not to take internet posts at face value when they are taking the piss. Some people like to mess around a little when commenting. Life is boring otherwise.

But as I explained to you Op, I had not read the opening thread when I commented. It was a quick quip on a snatched look at my phone between meetings.

If I had read the opening comment to which the thread was related, I would not have commented that way, or commented at all. I am not that fooking insensitive.
    I think many of your contributions here would be richer if you read more, paid more attention to the words you keep forgetting to type, or just stopped posting tbh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    RIP mum.
    I have a close friend whose birthday is the 29th, she’s so much younger than me.

I do struggle to comprehend how it must feel to have to wait for the 4 years, it’s not something I would want, but I guess somewhere it makes it ultra special being so rare for your mum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I have a close friend whose birthday is the 29th, she’s so much younger than me.

I do struggle to comprehend how it must feel to have to wait for the 4 years, it’s not something I would want, but I guess somewhere it makes it ultra special being so rare for your mum.

Well, it's not exactly waiting, but the leap year does make it feel kinda different. I fully understand what you're saying though and appreciate the thought.

It probably sounds awful for me to say this, but I've long thought that if you're going to pass away then doing it on the 29th Feb is a cool way to be remembered. That does sound awful, but I'll leave it in.