To play devil's advocate somewhat, I worked at a rolex AD in the late 2000s when the green Milgauss, original Sub LV and pre-ceramic Daytona were the only real unobtainable watches. I have to say we fielded calls all day long for those three watches and the majority just chancers who wanted a watch to flip. On occasion we'd get a call from someone chucking their weight around, demanding a watch from the next consignment, threatening to take themselves off the wait list because they had waited so long and felt it was their turn.
I don't for a minute suggest that's what the OP has done here but spare a thought for the staff as well... any enquiry on a Rolex sports watch at the moment must just set their bells ringing.

Hopefully the waiting lists are all but fulfilled at this point. God knows if that's the case but it's become a complete joke through the collectors groups, general public and industry as a whole. Surely its cost them more in goodwill than they have hoovered up in this stupid investment bubble from the past few years.