closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NTTD Seamaster any experience

NTTD Seamaster any experience

So warming to a NTTD Seamaster on secondary market

Anyone got one or had one ?

Whats the consensus?

I’m worried it may be hard to read as heard legibility issues but rather hear owner’s opinions

Would be going mesh version just in case of shark attack.

I owned the standard white 300M and ended up moving it on cos I found it too thick. Granted the NTTD is thinner but not by much. As ever, get it on your wrist first!

Craftsman
    I've had mine three years and it is a firm favourite in the collection. I have a white 300m from the current range, a blue 300m from the 2012/18 models and a 2531.80 from 2004. The NTTD is a little thicker than the older models but quite a bit thinner than the white 300m. It is nice and light and for me the mesh bracelet fits really well, although for some that is not the case. The biggest issue I would say, is indeed legibility, mainly in poorer lighting conditions, where the skeleton hands can get a bit lost against the dial. For me it just means moving the watch a bit to get a better angle on the hands but for some it could be an issue. I'd definitely go and have a look at one in person, to judge for yourself.

Thought I'd add a photo:

Last edited by SteveDSSD; 25th February 2024 at 19:24.

I don’t own it, but I’ve worn one regularly over the last few months.

Upside: looks great. Very light and comfortable. Accurate

Downsides: legibility is incredibly poor. Mesh is nice, the massive clasp it’s attached to is not. Bezel action is awful, very light/clicky, and pita to actually use.

I don’t think it feels anywhere near worth the cost. It’s gone back to its owner and I don’t miss it at all. It’s put me off going for a normal white dial version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have one and like it very much, yes not as legible as the white dial which I also have but is certainly more comfortable being titanium, call me sad but I do also enjoy the bond connection, I’ve heard that as soon as a new film is announced that all the unsold have to be shipped back to omega on the announcement date

Craftsman
    I love everything about these, bar the bracelet. Would love to see it on a normal SMP bracelet.

I had one and really liked it but I did struggle to get a good fit with the bracelet so ended up selling it, I’m not convinced either that it’s worth the premium ‘Bond tax’ over the regular Seamaster Diver 300m versions.

Master
    2 things, get rid of the 'cup-cake He crown & introduce a fitted end-link on the mesh bracelet like Breitling do now.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Don’t own one but have tried it on a couple of times at the AD and my initial reaction is I thought it was a cracker.

Definitely felt more special than the standard SM300 which I’d gone in to try on but felt it was a bit shiny.

The 2nd attempt was especially to feel what the titanium mesh bracelet would be like and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t as big as it had been made out to be.

Of course it’s not worth the extra cost at RRP but plenty of lightly used versions between £6-£7k which feels more like it for a current model titanium watch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys

Think I need to try before I buy , that’ll be a first

I love the patina and mesh just hope it’s legible for ageing eyes

If you’ve got small wrists then the mesh is hard to get a good fit

Blog Entries
    I’ll chip in - love mine and is part of the “permanent collection”, owned since 2021 (from memory) the combination of Ti and Ti and the domed crystal and solid case back for a thinner watch but with the METAS movement (not double barrelled mind), makes it a winner for me. The fully lumed bezel is the icing on the cake.

Definitely try before you by - I added the 007 nato after buying on mesh. I have no issues with the mesh.

I don’t have issues with visibility (I’m 62 now) but check it out for yourself. This thread needs more pictures!

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I have to confess I wouldn’t mind one even if this is the king of Walter Mitty bingo watches.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I’m not convinced either that it’s worth the premium ‘Bond tax’ over the regular Seamaster Diver 300m versions.
    I couldn’t justify it, it’s a hefty premium.
    I do fancy one, but just can’t bring myself to spend that sort of money on one.