closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed Omega Price Rise 1/3

Confirmed Omega Price Rise 1/3

Was emailed today from an AD that Omega are increasing their prices on 1/3 guess just in time for the supposed new announcements on the 5/3.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought you’d said they had increased by a third…😳

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've been watching some Omegas sales one eBay with a view to adding a speedmaster. They go for around 50% of retail and how other models are performing I just can't see how Omega can justify another price increase.

Master
    I suspect it is a way of ratcheting up the price of existing stock so that when they launch the white dial Speedy then can do so at around or slightly above the level of the sapphire sandwich model which by then will be at circa £8K.
    Last edited by Padders; 23rd February 2024 at 22:17. Reason: clarification

Master
    Blog Entries
    I mean £6.6k for standard speedmaster pro is daylight robbery.

£7.5k for the sapphire sandwich currently and there’s an immaculate looking 2022 from a forum good guy sat on SC at £4.6k not yet sold.

I’d be interested to know if the margins levels are remaining the same once the price rise has been applied.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    £7.5k for the sapphire sandwich currently and there’s an immaculate looking 2022 from a forum good guy sat on SC at £4.6k not yet sold.

I’d be interested to know if the margins levels are remaining the same once the price rise has been applied.
    Hesalite just sold on eBay for £3.35k. Omega will have residuals like Hublot if they keep the price rises up. Seems bonkers, almost like someone has said sales have dropped, let's just raise the price.

That Speedy on SC is a great price. Crazy to think it’s probably a £8k watch soon. When I owned one at near £6k I didn’t think it felt a £6k watch. Crazy that I want one again

Master
    I missed the boat when they were affordable, cannot see the value in the SM currently as for me it’s a sub £3k watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    In terms of product I’d benchmark Omega with Tudor.

Can not see the justification for the price difference.

Ffs here we go again omega, btw Tudor is not a match to omega in my opinion

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    That Speedy on SC is a great price. Crazy to think it’s probably a £8k watch soon. When I owned one at near £6k I didn’t think it felt a £6k watch. Crazy that I want one again
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I missed the boat when they were affordable, cannot see the value in the SM currently as for me it’s a sub £3k watch.
    A quick search on SC identified four used Speedmaster 310/3861 sapphire sandwiches for sale recently with prices dropped to around the £4k5 mark yet they didn’t sell, suggesting anyone who buys at list is in for a tidy haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by YCymro View Post
    A quick search on SC identified four used Speedmaster 310/3861 sapphire sandwiches for sale recently with prices dropped to around the £4k5 mark yet they didn’t sell, suggesting anyone who buys at list is in for a tidy haircut.
    And if they buy after the price rice mentioned they’ll be in for the Combat 18 skinhead

Master
    Yep it's nuts. And yet you can still buy a 3313 movement Broad Arrow Sapphire Sandwich model which uses the same case as the Pro (and a rather more upmarket movement) for less than £3K all day long. Those are starting to look like good value, the Moonwatch in all its forms much less so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    I mean £6.6k for standard speedmaster pro is daylight robbery.
    That's completely true. But so's asking four figures for any mass-manufactured steel watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    That's completely true. But so's asking four figures for any mass-manufactured steel watch.
    Not really. There's a lot that goes into building a watch than the materials. The brand mainly. I have no issue with that aspect but just comparing this to other similar watches in its categories and it just lacks.

I sometimes think that Omega are lazy with the Speedmaster pro. Get an automatic movement in the model and maybe try something new rather than adding £3k for a Snoopy picture.
    Last edited by JPCain86; 24th February 2024 at 11:45.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Ffs here we go again omega, btw Tudor is not a match to omega in my opinion
    Maybe not the dive watches but the standard speedmaster isn't a great watch. Looks great but other than that the Tudor chrono is far better in terms of a watch.

Journeyman
    Maybe not the dive watches but the standard speedmaster isn't a great watch. Looks great but other than that the Tudor chrono is far better in terms of a watch.
    I really don't understand where these comparisons with Tudor come from. This is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexL View Post
    I really don't understand where these comparisons with Tudor come from. This is ridiculous.

Two watch brands that spend a lot on marketing and have big brands. People are going to benchmark watches and this is a fair comparison. You could compare a speedmaster to a Daytona could you? Or to a chronomaster?

Compare it to who you like Brietling, TAG Heuer. The standard Speedmaster Pro is terrible value.

The point is that Omega use to have solid residuals and now they are around 50% of their RRP in a lot of cases.

Comparing a Tudor Chrono to a Speedmaster is a bit like comparing a Passat to an E Class I think.

Same category yes but different tier.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Comparing a Tudor Chrono to a Speedmaster is a bit like comparing a Passat to an E Class I think.

Same category yes but different tier.
    Based on the logo on the dial.

Who would you compare the Speedmaster to then? It's certainly closer to the brands below than the brands above.

Master
    Not really. There's a lot that goes into building a watch than the materials. The brand mainly. I have no issue with that aspect but just comparing this to other similar watches in its categories and it just lacks.

I sometimes think that Omega are lazy with the Speedmaster pro. Get an automatic movement in the model and maybe try something new rather than adding £3k for a Snoopy picture.
    Keep up. Omega have offered about 5 different kinds of automatic Speedmaster (in the Moonwatch case and similar) and have been doing so since around 1985. The fact is the manual wind version outsells all of these by many multiples so they tend to give up and try again after a break with a new design. There are several automatic Speedmaster designs available right now if you care to look. I notice you name checked Zenith earlier (though I had to lookup chronmaster its true). Now there is a fine example of a brand with poor residuals!
    Last edited by Padders; 24th February 2024 at 13:56.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Keep up. Omega have offered about 5 different kinds of automatic Speedmaster (in the Moonwatch case and similar) and have been doing so since around 1985. The fact is the manual wind version outsells all of these by many multiples so they tend to give up and try again after a break with a new design. There are several automatic Speedmaster designs available right now if you care to look. I notice you name checked Zenith earlier (though I had to lookup chronmaster its true). Now there is a fine example of a brand with poor residuals!
    Can you show me the automatic movement speedmaster professional? It would be something I would be interested in buying.

My argument was around the Speedmaster Professional being over priced but I do think a speedmaster 57 at £9k would be too.

My point with Zenith was the quality of watch you get in the chronomaster in comparison to the speedmasters. It was more to say the Speedmaster pro range is closer to Tudor than Zenith in this regards.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post

If you really believe that I am willing to swap my Tudor for you Speedmaster moon watch,today.

What does the OP mean by 1/3 a third?

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post

I do not see the justification in the price difference, but I do rate Omega higher and I've owned both brands this past 40 years and still do.
    Last edited by j111dja; 24th February 2024 at 14:25.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    If you really believe that I am willing to swap my Tudor for you Speedmaster moon watch,today.

What does the OP mean by 1/3 a third?
    Absolutely I will. I do get the £1,800 price difference on top right? Thought not but that's the point of the discussion. The Speedmaster Professional is £1800 higher than the Tudor pre price increase.

It's 1st March

Based on the logo on the dial.

Who would you compare the Speedmaster to then? It's certainly closer to the brands below than the brands above.
    I would say the Tudor is halfway between everything else and Omega.

The Tudor has a movement shared by Breitling and Cartier and isn’t even given back to you after service. Instead a floater movement is used and your old movement is serviced later on and given to someone else. You can’t have a system like that and have the two at the same level.

I would have another Tudor before I’d another Omega but that’s personal preference.

Here's a used sm300 white dial for smidge over 3k

https://www.pragnell.co.uk/pre-owned...300m_2365312-p

Cheap watch for someone I think

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alanski View Post

there are some amazing deals there! Recent OEM prices were bonkers - now 5-6% more so.

I really like

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 24th February 2024 at 19:40.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I thought they had lost the plot a few price rises ago, this latest one is just bonkers.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I think a new Speedy is poor value for money now. I've owned several and I always felt like it was quite a basic watch compared to other chronographs like the Navitimer.

I think there a lot of missing the point posted above.

Can you name me a list of more iconic watches than the Speedy Pro?

If other of the top brands made an authentic remake of their most iconic models they’d likely sell them for a lot more.

It wasn’t long ago we could buy Rolex at 20-25% off list for a recent watch; but the fact Omega are selling for something like their RRP of 5 years ago seems like a big deal to some.

Id agree that Omega are pushing their pricing way above where I would like it to be, but they are obviously selling watches, even in this changing economy.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

If other of the top brands made an authentic remake of their most iconic models they’d likely sell them for a lot more.

It wasn’t long ago we could buy Rolex at 20-25% off list for a recent watch; but the fact Omega are selling for something like their RRP of 5 years ago seems like a big deal to some.

Id agree that Omega are pushing their pricing way above where I would like it to be, but they are obviously selling watches, even in this changing economy.
    I don't think the point is being missed. We are talking about prices of watches and another increase in Omega price (again). I have focussed in on the Speedy Pro because I think at £7k it is insanely expensive for what you get. I don't think this is the case with the Seamasters as much.

No one is saying that the Speedmaster isn't a great watch or an iconic watch but the fact that the list will be £7k for a watch that can be picked up for around half that shows Omega have gone to far.

I mean look at the silly White Gold Speedmaster at £50k plus. It's just insane pricing.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post

Moreover, it’s the hell of the watch. Super reliable and in its 3861 iteration has almost quartz accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexL View Post
    Moreover, it’s the hell of the watch. Super reliable and in its 3861 iteration has almost quartz accuracy.
    But IMHO it's not worth anywhere near what they are asking at retail now and it's so far away from the original.

The last time I had one (hesalite) I paid £2.2k
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    But IMHO it's not worth anywhere near what they are asking at retail now and it's so far away from the original.

The last time I had one (hesalite) I paid £2.2k
    I think it’s worth more than 2.2k , I paid £3200 for mine when they were £4000 new with a 20% ad discount
    I really like it and won’t sell it

Craftsman
    I was at the Omega Boutique London Liverpool Street today. They said the price rise next month is for precious metals only but stainless steel models will follow.

Master
    I had an email from WoS saying Zenith & Hublot prices will be rising on March 1st and Omega on 5th March.

Tag due a 6% increase shortly soon as well

Quote Originally Posted by alanski View Post

Can't find it - has it gone already?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Tag due a 6% increase shortly soon as well

I guess all of the expensive new boutiques need to be funded somehow.

D

Master
    Can you show me the automatic movement speedmaster professional? It would be something I would be interested in buying.

My argument was around the Speedmaster Professional being over priced but I do think a speedmaster 57 at £9k would be too.

My point with Zenith was the quality of watch you get in the chronomaster in comparison to the speedmasters. It was more to say the Speedmaster pro range is closer to Tudor than Zenith in this regards.
    Sorry for the delay was OTP watching the rugby most of yesterday. Granted the Grail is a bit pricey but the others are not. As you infer, there are also 2 register designs and the other smaller 7750 based stuff 2 but these are most like the Pro

Last edited by Padders; 25th February 2024 at 11:32.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    Sorry for the delay was OTP watching the rugby most of yesterday. Granted the Grail is a bit pricey but the others are not. As you infer, there are also 2 register designs and the other smaller 7750 based stuff 2 but these are most like the Pro

But you agree none of them are the pro or really look like the pro. I used the standard pro as the example of being overpriced as I think it is.

The others are equally expensive but I think you get more for you money with them i.e. the 57 at £9k.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Can't find it - has it gone already?

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Was there last few days

Probs sold yesterday, they had a nttd on nato for 4800 too which was pretty cheap

Was £31 and a bit 2021 ,looked minty full set white dial sm300 on bracelet

But you agree none of them are the pro or really look like the pro. I used the standard pro as the example of being overpriced as I think it is.

The others are equally expensive but I think you get more for you money with them i.e. the 57 at £9k.
    I think Padders point was regarding an automatic Speedmaster in a Moonwatch type case or similar, rather than an automatic Speedmaster Professional you mentioned.
    Last edited by j111dja; 25th February 2024 at 12:45.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    I think Padders point was regarding an automatic Speedmaster in a Moonwatch type case or similar, rather than an automatic Speedmaster Professional you mentioned.

Maybe it was but I just think the way it approached it was a bit rude. Telling me to keep up, like I wasn't aware omega had made an automatic chronograph.

It all came from my view that the standard Speedmaster Pro was overpriced and I think pushing £7k retail for these is mental. I would like to see omega do something different like add a similar movement to the 57 or maybe the ceramic bezel from the 321 rather than just keep increasing the price.

Master
    Maybe it was but I just think the way it approached it was a bit rude. Telling me to keep up, like I wasn't aware omega had made an automatic chronograph.

It all came from my view that the standard Speedmaster Pro was overpriced and I think pushing £7k retail for these is mental. I would like to see omega do something different like add a similar movement to the 57 or maybe the ceramic bezel from the 321 rather than just keep increasing the price.
    Rude or not, if you don't think at least one of those I showed is a ringer for the Pro I give up. Stick to Zenith if you must.

I've been watching some Omegas sales one eBay with a view to adding a speedmaster. They go for around 50% of retail and how other models are performing I just can't see how Omega can justify another price increase.
    I have just had a look at completed listings on eBay and it looks like the previous (big box versions) sells for around £3.5k whilst the current version goes for about £1k more making it more like 70% of retail.
    I have the big box version and at £3,500 it’s worth more than I paid for it so the residuals aren’t as bad as you are making out.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    I have just had a look at completed listings on eBay and it looks like the previous (big box versions) sells for around £3.5k whilst the current version goes for about £1k more making it more like 70% of retail.
    I have the big box version and at £3,500 it’s worth more than I paid for it so the residuals aren’t as bad as you are making out.
    I mean the last hesalite one sold for £3,350. Current retail is £6,600 before any price rise.

If you paid £3,500 you didn't buy it new did you. Which makes the argument pointless.

Omega retails like most are getting silly. I bought a used Speedy Pro back in the 1988 for £150.