closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Friday 16 February

Master
    Blog Entries
    Just back from a lovely meal with friends.

The Mark XX again.

As I did when my daughter was born almost exactly 3 years ago, I have been wearing my Breitling rainbow Superocean Heritage '57 since the birth of my son on Tuesday.
    A quite magnificent week it's been and today was the first full day we've ever spent together as a four.
    Just thrilled.

HAGWEE

EDIT: Just read through this thread and saw a concerning post from the genuinely lovely and generous Tony. Wishing you all the best for a quick recovery, sir.
    Last edited by tobywatches; 17th February 2024 at 00:42.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    As I did when my daughter was born almost exactly 3 years ago, I have been wearing my Breitling rainbow Superocean Heritage '57 since the birth of my son on Tuesday.
    A quite magnificent week it's been and today was the first full day we've ever spent together as a four.
    Just thrilled.
    Congrats toby, great photo. No feeling like it. I have our 15 week old on my shoulder as I type this with a cup of coffee next to me. Going to be a long night but nothing compares.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Congrats toby, great photo. No feeling like it. I have our 15 week old on my shoulder as I type this with a cup of coffee next to me. Going to be a long night but nothing compares.
    I’ll echo that, great picture and sentiment.

I wore my Timex Waterbury Hodinkee when ours was born as we had to leave the house sharpish. I’d planned to wear one of my fathers but had no chance to swap. The cheapest watch I own but now the most valuable.

Is there a thread around watches worn for births? The old romantic in me would love to see and hear those stories.

Very kind. Congratulations to you too. Touch wood, so far, he's not terrible at night. Although he's being breastfed so there's not much help I can give in that regard anyway. I am on three year old duty which will mean an early morning but it's not a patch on his mum who'll be up for at least two long feeds overnight or parents like you who share that particular load. I am very lucky but do what I can in the day to take her off her feet/look after our eldest.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    I’ll echo that, great picture and sentiment.

I wore my Timex Waterbury Hodinkee when ours was born as we had to leave the house sharpish. I’d planned to wear one of my fathers but had no chance to swap. The cheapest watch I own but now the most valuable.

Is there a thread around watches worn for births? The old romantic in me would love to see and hear those stories.
    A great idea for a thread. I'd enjoy those tales too.

You're absolutely right, monetary value has nothing on sentimental and there's nothing more sentimental than being there for your children's first breaths. My watch will forever tell that story for me. The first born at 1313(!) the second at 1823 - although I can't confess to having looked at the watch at those precise moments. Fortunately others did on our behalf and they'll be etched in my memory forever.

Here's the Breitling with our first, almost three years ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Very kind. Congratulations to you too. Touch wood, so far, he's not terrible at night. Although he's being breastfed so there's not much help I can give in that regard anyway. I am on three year old duty which will mean an early morning but it's not a patch on his mum who'll be up for at least two long feeds overnight or parents like you who share that particular load. I am very lucky but do what I can in the day to take her off her feet/look after our eldest.
    We’re breastfeeding too but I water boarded her quite bad by accident during bath time earlier so stayed up out of paranoia. It’s hard enough with one, I don’t know how people handle it with a toddler running around.

Journeyman
    One from me too, Credor Phoenix

Sent from my SM-S921B using Tapatalk

We’re breastfeeding too but I water boarded her quite bad by accident during bath time earlier so stayed up out of paranoia. It’s hard enough with one, I don’t know how people handle it with a toddler running around.
    Sell a watch

Get a nanny

Only way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    Sell a watch

Get a nanny

Only way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’d have no watches left and she’d still find something to be a Karen about