closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baltic hermetique watch

Baltic hermetique watch

I ordered the Baltic Hermetique field watch 2 days ago and it was delivered today. The watch is 37mm, thickness of 10.8mm with a double domed saphire and 150m water resistance. I am incredibly impressed with the finishing of the watch, particularly at the 550 euro price point. I chose the green dial (4 colours available) https://baltic-watches.com/en/collections/hermetique and on a rubber strap. The rubber strap is more supple than any other strap i have used including grand seiko, blancpain, omega or seiko. The lume is superb. The watch is incredibly comfortable, particulalry given the absence of a crown to dig into your wrist. The case is brushed ss with a polished bezel. The zone dial is 3 dimensional with 3d numerals.
    the only downsides are the different colour lume of the hands vs the dial, lack of internal AR coating in saphire crystal and the crown is rather small to handwind the movement. I have bought steinharts and seikos at this pricepoint and it blows them oyt of the water- i would say that the finishing is en par with omega. i was thinking of adding a rolex explorer to my collection but i think that this obviates the need.

image hoster

Fantastic, I've been reading about these and hoping that someone would post a review and some real world photos, so thank you. How is the finishing on the hands? Some reviews mention that it's a bit rough.

Looks like it wears really well, what size is your wrist?

My father in law likes the look of them and he's visiting next week. Might be worth a trip to their London showroom.

Looks like this might be an great alternative to the Seiko Alpinist.

I'd be interested in hearing how the Miyota movement performs.
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 15th February 2024 at 09:14.

THANKS FOR SHARING AND congrats, bit of a Baltic fan here having owned one of their earliest a HMS001 for about 6 years, such a simple but still enjoyable little thing, the blued hour and minute hands are very fine indeed, an almost glasslike appearance at some angles against the beige dial, probably a less exuberant cream/ beige than the Tourer version, to my eye...I'm on the horns of a dilemma, do I buy the blue or the cream'un...bTW they've got a new release later today as well...

https://baltic-watches.com/en/new-collection
    Last edited by Passenger; 15th February 2024 at 11:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Fantastic, I've been reading about these and hoping that someone would post a review and some real world photos, so thank you. How is the finishing on the hands? Some reviews mention that it's a bit rough.

My father in law likes the look of them and he's visiting next week. Might be worth a trip to their London showroom.

Looks like this might be an great alternative to the Seiko Alpinist.
    the hands look pretty good to me- the finishing is what would be expected for this pricepoint- ie very good but nothing special

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    THANKS FOR SHARING AND congrats, bit of a Baltic fan here having owned one of their earliest a HMS001 for about 6 years...I'm on the horns of a dilemma, do I buy the blue or the cream'un...bTW they've got a new release later today as well...

https://baltic-watches.com/en/new-collection
    i was also on the fence about the cream one- although i was concerned about visibilty of the hands against the cream background in low light settings

Quote Originally Posted by omegaUK View Post
    the hands look pretty good to me- the finishing is what would be expected for this pricepoint- ie very good but nothing special

- - - Updated - - -

i was also on the fence about the cream one- although i was concerned about visibilty of the hands against the cream background in low light settings
    That and possibly m´thinking the cream less versatile when it comes to playing with strap colours, natos etc...ah decisions, decisions.

Craftsman
    A stunning looking watch, is that, I've had two Baltic's and the quality is excellent. I didn't realise they now have a London showroom, which is well located. Glad to see them going from strength to strength.

Craftsman
    I really like the look of these, particularly the green.

What has stopped me so far is the crown and some reported difficulties in hand winding. I understand that you can’t pull the crown out to wind, it has to be pushed in to the recessed home position and then there’s little of the crown to grip?

Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post
    I really like the look of these, particularly the green.

What has stopped me so far is the crown and some reported difficulties in hand winding. I understand that you can’t pull the crown out to wind, it has to be pushed in to the recessed home position and then there’s little of the crown to grip?
    That's correct- the first position is for changing the time. The hand winding would need to be undertaken with the crown recessed. winding is a bit fiddly but possible- but you can also rock the watch gently side to side to start it and then wearing it will wind it anyway. I guess this is the downside of the design.

Master
    They’ve nailed the shape of the sapphire crystal on this one. It seems to mimic the profile of a proper ‘vintage’ domed acrylic really well. Most domed or top hat sapphire crystals don’t get it right imo.

That is a really handsome timepiece - seems great value too. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.Ldn View Post
    They’ve nailed the shape of the sapphire crystal on this one. It seems to mimic the profile of a proper ‘vintage’ domed acrylic really well. Most domed or top hat sapphire crystals don’t get it right imo.
    Agreed...they get the aesthetic right I reckon.

That’s the nicest watch I’ve seen in a while and the size is perfect for you in the wrist shot. Love the colour.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely lovely watch.

I can't seem to find if the crown is screw-down or not, does somebody know if this is the case or not?
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Push pull D

Love the dial on that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Push pull D
    Cheers P.

Thought so, but 150M made me wonder.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That’s the nicest watch I’ve seen in a while and the size is perfect for you in the wrist shot. Love the colour.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Cheers P.

Thought so, but 150M made me wonder.
    would be impossible for it to be a screw in crown as even manually winding is fiddly with such a small crown

Craftsman
    Nice to see something a bit diffrent. Looks great.

As an addendum- i bought the flat link bracelet for this watch https://baltic-watches.com/en/products/flat-link and its cheap and nasty feeling - dont waste your money on it, it cheapens the feel/ look of the watch. If you want a bracelet a mesh bracelet from amazon for £15 works really well with style of watch and adds to the vintage vibe. I think that the rubber straps work best though.

Lovely Baltic (only just spotted this thread). As others have noted, they definitely get the crystals right.