closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Test

Test

Removed
    Last edited by dougair; 16th February 2024 at 13:44.

No experience, but I can see the point of these for external applicants who are a bit of an unknown.

But for internal candidates they have been on one long job interview throughout their career with the same employer.

Good luck to your wife.

Master
    Hi, I've done a Korn Ferry psychometric test twice now. Assuming its the same test its designed to understand your leadership style and be used as a basis for interview questions. As you go through the questionnaire it forces you (somewhat unrealistically in my experience) to make certain prioritisations. So for example this could be would you prioritize delivering a project on time and budget ahead of team morale. You'd then typically expect the interviewer to ask questions around where you've made prioritisations.

It then gives you a more level playing field for internal vs external candidates as they're being questioned around similar topics and themes. The best advice i can give is dont try to second guess the questions, answer them honestly and then have plenty of case studies/examples that you can talk to about your leadership style ready for the interview.

Hope that makes some form of sense and good luck to your wife.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    No experience, but I can see the point of these for external applicants who are a bit of an unknown.

But for internal candidates they have been on one long job interview throughout their career with the same employer.

Good luck to your wife.

It’ll be box-ticking and it gives the HR department something to do.

Well at least she knows what's coming, possibly unlike external applicants.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David r View Post
    Hi, I've done a Korn Ferry psychometric test twice now. Assuming its the same test its designed to understand your leadership style and be used as a basis for interview questions. As you go through the questionnaire it forces you (somewhat unrealistically in my experience) to make certain prioritisations. So for example this could be would you prioritize delivering a project on time and budget ahead of team morale. You'd then typically expect the interviewer to ask questions around where you've made prioritisations.

It then gives you a more level playing field for internal vs external candidates as they're being questioned around similar topics and themes. The best advice i can give is dont try to second guess the questions, answer them honestly and then have plenty of case studies/examples that you can talk to about your leadership style ready for the interview.

Hope that makes some form of sense and good luck to your wife.
    Had a few over the years also, and this is spot on advice wise and the type of forced solution they get you to.

Only way is to be herself and be true to that. She will know then why she answered that way & the driver of her personal beliefs.

Trying to answer or second guess where they are heading will end up in either a surreal set of interview questions or passing through and being in a position where her leadership style doesn’t fit or work comfortably.

I’ve always struggled with the numerical assessment tests. Not in doing them, but the point; I spend hours a day with numbers and multiple data sources, am sure I’d have been spotted a good couple of decades ago if i couldn’t analyse things.

Best interview I’ve had was for my current role. General chat about who I know in the industry over a cup of coffee for an hour, then 2 x 30mins relaxed chats the following week with peers. All very calm, not once probing into my ability to lead, do the role etc, was taken as a given. Very refreshing change indeed.

As much to assess her strength and weakness and style rather than a pass/fail scenario. Will help identify where she might need support or coaching when she's in post.

As others have said, just do it thoughtfully and it will be fine

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

The only advice is don’t overthink it or try to answer what you think is the answer that they are looking for.

Simply put be yourself be honest in your responses

All she can do is take the test, she can't second guess the scoring criteria or prepaid for it, just chill out and do it

Tell your wife that if the words 'within cells interlinked' appear anywhere, she should run for the door!

I recently saw an Elvis fronted Nirvana tribute band, now I'd really like to see a Bryan Ferry fronted Korn.
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    I did a similar assessment recently and it can be quite eye-opening! It really makes you think about how you think you are perceived vs. how you actually 'show up'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    I recently saw an Elvis fronted Nirvana tribute band, now I'd really like to see a Bryan Ferry fronted Korn.
    Elvana?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Elvana?
    @ Roadmender. Great fun.

Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH