closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New entrant dealers

New entrant dealers

I’ve been looking around for a watch and see dealers on eBay/chrono24 I haven’t heard of before who generally seem to be more competitive than the likes of Watchfinder/Swiss Watch Co/Blowers etc. I’ve been looking at Subdial/Fitzrovia Watches/Capital Watches.

Reviews on the various sales platforms seems good for all three. Any experience with these companies…if I ever see what I’m after, I’d be taking the usual precautions of paying by CC and trying to visit in person (although they all seem to operate out of non-descript offices rather than shops). Any other advice?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’ve been looking around for a watch and see dealers on eBay/chrono24 I haven’t heard of before who generally seem to be more competitive than the likes of Watchfinder/Swiss Watch Co/Blowers etc. I’ve been looking at Subdial/Fitzrovia Watches/Capital Watches.

Reviews on the various sales platforms seems good for all three. Any experience with these companies…if I ever see what I’m after, I’d be taking the usual precautions of paying by CC and trying to visit in person (although they all seem to operate out of non-descript offices rather than shops). Any other advice?
    Remember eBay's authentication service is a valuable freebie to hopefully spot any problems if the watch is over £1500.

I’ve used Fitzrovia two or three times, they’ve been going several years so not really new entrants. Used to be London based before moving to Hampshire. Been perfect each time.

Haven’t heard of the other two but I’ve used Subdial and been to the office a few times. They have their own proper office (not a WeWork) but it’s an office, not a shop, so the address isn’t in your face.

I ended up returning the watch I bought from them and the return was no quibble.

Craftsman
    I used Fitzrovia some years ago for an IWC. All went smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Cheers all. I haven’t bought from a dealer in over a decade so will add Fitzrovia and Subdial to my list to keep an eye on. Anyone used Capital Watches…they seem to mainly have a chrono24/ebay presence.

I've had a good experience with Subdial. Can't speak for the other two.

Whole thread on Subdial here for reference - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...body-used-them

Master
    Subdial and Watches of Whitby are both excellent.

I’d deal with them over the big boys any day of the week.