closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do you collect spares ?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    I hope you've trained your heirs as to the potential value of your stash
    Over the years I have told my wife I never pay more than £5 for any watch stuff (don't think she believes me) and as she has no interest in the watch stuff at all she may just bin it after my son has checked for any watches :)

I do. Have spare crystals for all my keepers (and 2 for most of my GS. I mean, if you have only 1 spare and you have to use it you no longer have a spare). Hardlex crystals specific to certain models can be impossible to find, so if one pops up I buy it. Watches with beat up, difficult to replace crystals also tend to sell for significantly less in some cases, so having an elusive crystal ready to go can make financial sense. Apart from crystals it's a bunch of movement and bracelet parts, cases, dials etc.

Master
    Yes I do, I have spare bezel inserts, bracelets, dials, straps and the like but too embarrassed to post a picture as they’re all just randomly kept in a couple of old shoe boxes…

I did buy a job lot of cases, dials and movements from a house clearance chap some years back. I sold on the movements and dear old Bob Frazier (RIP) had a lot of the old dials for his experiments.

I still have a boxful of old plated cases in the garage that I will probably recycle and a few older dials (below).

Cheers,
    Neil.