closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Super Bowl...

Super Bowl...

Thankfully its finished now, so hopefully no more about it being the greatest spectacle on earth and Taylor & her new man stories any more...

Most over rated sport there is...

Couldn't agree more.

I don't mind it, other than it's so slow. Not bothered either way by the razzamataz.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Thankfully it’s on in the middle of the night and there are other channels to watch!
    To be fair there are far more important things to get wound up about.

Do they really run for 15 seconds and then think about it for five minutes ?

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Do they really run for 15 seconds and then think about it for five minutes ?
    Like football since the introduction of VAR!

Grand Master
    I find American Football a very strange game to watch, a few seconds of action followed by a delay, absolutely no flow to the game. High on drama, low on entertainment value in my opinion but I know a few folks who love it!

Rugby League or Union are far more entertaining handling games to watch!

One thing I like about American Football is the timekeeping, with the clock running whilst the ball is actually in play, this would benefit football and eliminate all arguments over added time and timewasting. Would also benefit Rugby Union.

I used to watch it on Ch4 fairly regularly.

I quite liked the explanation in retrospect of each play - by the commentators, as it showed a pretty well thought out strategy rather than what I witnessed in real time.

When you see the amount of support staff, including the 'spotters' in the upper stand areas, complete with lip-readers with scopes - you realise what a business it is.

Before teams started moving to (in some cases - different states) I admired the fact that a young kid in (say) Green Bay would grow up supporting their local team, knowing that they stood a chance of making it to the top. None of this 'live in Grimsby - support ManU'

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Thankfully its finished now, so hopefully no more about it being the greatest spectacle on earth and Taylor & her new man stories any more...

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Thankfully it’s on in the middle of the night and there are other channels to watch!
    To be fair there are far more important things to get wound up about.
    Nice to know that I'm not alone...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I quite enjoy the NFL and have done for many years, however I prefer to watch the highlights with just the action which can be pretty spectacular but in reality the game is rather like a game of chess played between head coaches with choreographed moves and different teams/players for every down.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Super Bowl...

Felt the urge to Google it: the average game lasts over three hours, but the ball is “in play” for an average 11 minutes
    Source:
    https://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl...inutes-of-play

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Felt the urge to Google it: the average game lasts over three hours, but the ball is “in play” for an average 11 minutes
    Source:
    https://qz.com/150577/an-average-nfl-game-more-than-100-commercials-and-just-11-minutes-of-play
    11 minutes ! Jeezus! that's less time than a Rugby sevens entire game !!!!

Ah sorry I thought this was the Superb Owl thread...

I'd rather watch NFL than CFL (Canadian football league). Game was sloppy and yes slow. Think of it as slam chess. A game of strategy with the slamming of bodies.

11 players getting back into formation takes time. Penalties take time to sort out. As mentioned. I would like to see a continuous running clock with stoppage only by running out of bounds and team time outs (currently allowed 3 per half). Also clock stoppage in the last 5 minutes if games within reach of winning for either team if behind.

Problem is. People pay good money and they want their monies worth. A ticket to the SB was listed at $6,500 and those are the cheap seats. You don't want the game to be over in a 1/2hr.

Today in sports. It's how many teams can we squeeze in to make money?

There are going to be 48 teams in the 2026 world cup and a total of 104 games. If you can manage to make it thru that. a 3 hour SB won't kill you. Hopefully you got the commercials. Canadian media block them and play Canadian ads in place

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post

I've been hearing that on every news bulletin today, so I guess we have at least a few more hours.

Christ knows why.

I watched one super bowel (were part of it, I lost interest after about 3 hours - Well it seemed that long - and 5 minutes of actual play).

It's like the dull parts of cricket and rugby combined in a Disneyified mess.

Heh, if you enjoy it, fill your boots, but it's not a UK sport and long may it remain that way - Why does the media think everyone is obsessed with America?
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?