closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Night for two in London

Night for two in London

For my birthday, we're looking to have a posh curry and an overnight stay in London. We've pretty much decided on The Cinnamon Club for the meal, but have no idea about the hotel.

Price wise I'd say 'sensible' if that's any help; the Shard at £770 didn't seem sensible. Any recommendations please?

Also, what would be appropriate attire for an evening meal in The Cinnamon Club (need to know whether to budget for new frock, shoes and handbag).

I can definitely recommend Sea Containers as a nice hotel to stay in.
    Stayed last year for the Chelsea Flower Show and rebooked for this years too. You might get lucky with a deal too.

Master
    Tower of London Doubletree Hilton.

Flemings Mayfair has always done well by us. They've gone more upmarket in recent years with a Michelin star restaurant, but still not too bad for the area.

We usually stay at The Gore, but that's so different from The Shard that I'd be reluctant to recommend it, and quite far from your restaurant.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    For my birthday, we're looking to have a posh curry and an overnight stay in London. We've pretty much decided on The Cinnamon Club for the meal, but have no idea about the hotel.

Price wise I'd say 'sensible' if that's any help; the Shard at £770 didn't seem sensible. Any recommendations please?

Also, what would be appropriate attire for an evening meal in The Cinnamon Club (need to know whether to budget for new frock, shoes and handbag).
    It's an elegant room that used to be a library. The location means a fair few suits form part of the clientele. Not sure dressed to the nines would be necessary but I'd probably not wear plimsolls if I were going.

Master
    Sea Containers is nicer but you might have a look at Park Plaza Westminster. Normally a deal to be had and very convenient for your restaurant.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I work on Victoria Street and stay over. I go for the park plaza embankment or pp Westminster bridge. If struggling I'll try the doubletree on John Islip or then the premier inn hub tothill road or dacre street.

All clean, tidy and convenient to your restaurant and many of the sights

MalMaison on Charterhouse Square is a nice place to stay.

£259 for an overnight on Expedia right now, but you might find a deal for an even better price.

Not that close to the restaurant, but there are plenty of cabs!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/FAQ_An...de_please.html

So jeans and a t-shirt, or whatever you feel comfortable in.

Thanks for the suggestions. Still undecided about the hotel. Are taxis readily available Saturday evenings (istr the taxis all disappear after 6pm)?

Master
    Yes, they are

Craftsman
    I stayed and the Vintry & Mercer recently and it was nice. Reasonably priced for the area and close to the tube. I’ll stay there again.

We have stayed at 100 queensgate when going to the Royal Albert hall, i would recommend it for a reasonably priced place to stay over.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...AAAAHQAAAAAQBQ

We always put my in-laws in the sea containers and they are always happy, feels a bit special being right next to the Thames .

Personally I’d be seeking to make the hotel say itself, a bit of an event as well, without worrying, too much about ongoing travel (which should be quite straightforward). Sea Containers is a good call.