closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Show your Grand seikos

Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    Hi JGJG, is you watch the same model (just the newer dial font)?
    All the best
    Matt
    Essentially yes: yours is the SBGX009 (l've had two or three of them); mine above is the SBGX209.

There is much joy given by my quartz GMT, but one of the things I love is this case finishing with the gently curving polished band on the top of the lug to the front, alternating with the brushed sides and a smaller triangular brushed area adjacent to the end link.

After trying some more expensive stuff today, Snowflake, Sunbun, White Birch, I think I love the case finishing of my humble quartz most of all.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ quartz ftw. It just seems to be the essence of the GS proposition for me, given how far they’ve taken the technology.

A quick question…just bought the wife a Shunbun, is the Spring drive movement really noisy when its manual wound? First experience of a GSSD and the noise was rather more than i expected and would describe it as a grinding noise. In comparison my high beat hardly makes a sound when being wound.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 20th February 2024 at 22:51.

From the online reviews it seems normal for the movement.

D

I no longer have the GMT.

Last edited by SeanST150; 20th February 2024 at 23:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    A quick question…just bought the wife a Shunbun, is the Spring drive movement really noisy when its manual wound? First experience of a GSSD and the noise was rather more than i expected and would describe it as a grinding noise. In comparison my high beat hardly makes a sound when being wound.
    I thought the same at the GS boutique in London. The manager said that he thought it was normal and asked a member of staff to try a few to be sure. They were all the same and so it seems that it is the case. It is a little unsettling when you first wind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Yes they all make that noise on winding.

SBGC013 Special Edition...

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    From the online reviews it seems normal for the movement.

D

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I thought the same at the GS boutique in London. The manager said that he thought it was normal and asked a member of staff to try a few to be sure. They were all the same and so it seems that it is the case. It is a little unsettling when you first wind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy#1 View Post
    Yes they all make that noise on winding.
    Cheers all!

Another fan here - the finishing is sublime, the 9F movement is outstanding, the perfect dial size, and it feels like a really solid sports watch. Not delicate at all.

Let most of my other watches go now in favour of my humble GS quartz. Great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Another fan here - the finishing is sublime, the 9F movement is outstanding, the perfect dial size, and it feels like a really solid sports watch. Not delicate at all.

Let most of my other watches go now in favour of my humble GS quartz. Great watch.

I have the same

There are times I feel I could bin off the entire collection and be happy with just this, it is that good.

D

I'm down to three watches now (and have been for over a year) including a GS but the only watch I would consider now is another SBGX091. I had one and foolishly sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    SBGC013 Special Edition...

Generally I'm not a great fan of GS chronos, but that is a very impressive piece of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I no longer have the GMT.

That dial never fails to impress. To me it's the best one they've done.