closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: Show your Grand seikos

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido-K View Post
    Hi JGJG, is you watch the same model (just the newer dial font)?
    All the best
    Matt
    Essentially yes: yours is the SBGX009 (l've had two or three of them); mine above is the SBGX209.

  2. #52
    Master helidoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,496





    There is much joy given by my quartz GMT, but one of the things I love is this case finishing with the gently curving polished band on the top of the lug to the front, alternating with the brushed sides and a smaller triangular brushed area adjacent to the end link.

    After trying some more expensive stuff today, Snowflake, Sunbun, White Birch, I think I love the case finishing of my humble quartz most of all.

    Dave


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    ^ quartz ftw. It just seems to be the essence of the GS proposition for me, given how far they’ve taken the technology.

  4. #54
    A quick question…just bought the wife a Shunbun, is the Spring drive movement really noisy when its manual wound? First experience of a GSSD and the noise was rather more than i expected and would describe it as a grinding noise. In comparison my high beat hardly makes a sound when being wound.
    Last edited by Franky Four Fingers; 20th February 2024 at 22:51.

  5. #55
    Master helidoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,496
    From the online reviews it seems normal for the movement.

    D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #56
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,777
    I no longer have the GMT.

    Last edited by SeanST150; 20th February 2024 at 23:52.

  7. #57
    Craftsman theancientmariner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Newcastle, U.K.
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    A quick question…just bought the wife a Shunbun, is the Spring drive movement really noisy when its manual wound? First experience of a GSSD and the noise was rather more than i expected and would describe it as a grinding noise. In comparison my high beat hardly makes a sound when being wound.
    I thought the same at the GS boutique in London. The manager said that he thought it was normal and asked a member of staff to try a few to be sure. They were all the same and so it seems that it is the case. It is a little unsettling when you first wind it.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    A quick question…just bought the wife a Shunbun, is the Spring drive movement really noisy when its manual wound? First experience of a GSSD and the noise was rather more than i expected and would describe it as a grinding noise. In comparison my high beat hardly makes a sound when being wound.
    Yes they all make that noise on winding.

  9. #59
    SBGC013 Special Edition...


  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    From the online reviews it seems normal for the movement.

    D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I thought the same at the GS boutique in London. The manager said that he thought it was normal and asked a member of staff to try a few to be sure. They were all the same and so it seems that it is the case. It is a little unsettling when you first wind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuggy#1 View Post
    Yes they all make that noise on winding.
    Cheers all!

  11. #61
    Craftsman djjuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South West UK
    Posts
    810
    Another fan here - the finishing is sublime, the 9F movement is outstanding, the perfect dial size, and it feels like a really solid sports watch. Not delicate at all.

    Let most of my other watches go now in favour of my humble GS quartz. Great watch.


  12. #62
    Master helidoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,496
    Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Another fan here - the finishing is sublime, the 9F movement is outstanding, the perfect dial size, and it feels like a really solid sports watch. Not delicate at all.

    Let most of my other watches go now in favour of my humble GS quartz. Great watch.

    I have the same

    There are times I feel I could bin off the entire collection and be happy with just this, it is that good.

    D


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    I'm down to three watches now (and have been for over a year) including a GS but the only watch I would consider now is another SBGX091. I had one and foolishly sold it.

  14. #64
    Master 50kopek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    SBGC013 Special Edition...

    Generally I'm not a great fan of GS chronos, but that is a very impressive piece of kit.

  15. #65
    Master 50kopek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I no longer have the GMT.


    That dial never fails to impress. To me it's the best one they've done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information