closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Insure.......or not???

Master
    Blog Entries

Insure.......or not???

Insure.....or not???

I don't.......I prefer to self insure on the basis that I can afford it & that I'm not likely to have to argue the toss with myself in the event of a claim.

Also I have other security measures in force.....I'm an advocate of being an architect of my own destiny.

What do other TZ UK'ers think?

I insurance my most expensive watch for outside wearing I’m thinking if I get one stolen it will be the one I’m insured for

Depends on what you have, what your other security measures are and if the worst happened and everything was taken, could you easily afford to replace. I don’t insure my G-Shock.

Master
    All the ones above a certain value are named items on the insurance and agreed values. The remaining ones fall within the total sum of insured goods, but below any named item values.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Insure.....or not???

I don't.......I prefer to self insure on the basis that I can afford it & that I'm not likely to have to argue the toss with myself in the event of a claim.

Also I have other security measures in force.....I'm an advocate of being an architect of my own destiny.

As a fellow Yorkshireman I’m very much with para 3 above. I’m also well into 4 decades without insuring so consider myself ahead anyway

Not rich enough to self insure so play the random-premium-hike game every year and keep fingers crossed that in the event I need it, the insurer comes good.

Also have anything over £3k insured outside the home and abroad.

I'm also a believer in fate, so no matter how much you think you can design your own destiny, there will always be something/someone you couldn't have foreseen. What will be, will be.
    Last edited by Onelasttime; 9th February 2024 at 21:21.

Craftsman
    24 years this March of no insurance for my Submariner.

No idea of how much I’m in credit so to speak.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    24 years this March of no insurance for my Submariner.

No idea of how much I’m in credit so to speak.
    At least one more Submariner's worth I reckon.

Master
    Insure my watches through my home insurance in and away from the home. Cheap enough to do and can be costly if they get stolen or fall off the wrist/get a good amount of damage.
    Last edited by Stuno1; 15th February 2024 at 22:43.

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post

That you have read too many action thrillers.

I have only ever insured one watch a Seiko 6159-7000 which I wore continuously for some time (great watch) but sods law while on holiday with the 6159/dress watch/beater, I lost the dress watch which was not insured :(

Master
    Blog Entries
    I insure as part of my home insurance. Doesn’t add that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    I insure as part of my home insurance. Doesn’t add that much.
    Me too

Home insurance will potentially cover up to a certain level cost effectively (both total and individual values) but after that it’s not much help. Insurance can be a very expensive business.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Home insurance will potentially cover up to a certain level cost effectively (both total and individual values) but after that it’s not much help. Insurance can be a very expensive business.
    I guess my collection is modest compared to many here, probably £12k max. I could see insurance being difficult for those with substantial collections.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    My stuff has usually been covered as 'listed items' and that has been fine for years - still is to be honest. Given the eye watering prices for some stuff (whole different discussion) then I can see it being problematical and expensive for some.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Insure.......or not???

Home insurance with M&S covers up to £15k single article, don’t have to specify items below that (good, as I flip too often!), including out of the home within certain parameters.
    No extra cost for that within the policy, and am not sure I would choose to live without home (contents) insurance.

I don’t worry about theft, which is what you seem to imply as main risk - but if my gaff burned down or I lose the watch skiing or whatever, it’s nice to know I can get something back for all my hard-earned.

Are you just happy that you are tooled-up and looking to demonstrate your righteous indignation to any scrote who dares to try your door?
    Have you practiced for this under stress, or just bus-stop boxer confident that you would do it when the time came?

(Apologies in advance if I have misread your Other Security Measures comment - if you meant good window locks, and that violence was not what was implied)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by notenoughwrists; 16th February 2024 at 12:22.