Thread: Guy Ritchies latest: The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

Blog Entries

Guy Ritchies latest: The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare

Craftsman
    Definitely a lads movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Normally, when I see Guy Ritchie's name attached to a film, I move on quickly - but this looks quite good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Normally, when I see Guy Ritchie's name attached to a film, I move on quickly - but this looks quite good fun.
    I'm the opposite. I think he's a good story teller. The covenant and The gentleman were both enjoyable as well as his earlier stuff.

looks like its been done in the same style as the SAS rogue heroes series - should be a decent watch.
    i like most of guy richies films - i see him the UK tarantino.

Master
    lots of lock and load in that by the looks of it.

B

Sure fire hit I'd guess.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    I'm the opposite. I think he's a good story teller. The covenant and The gentleman were both enjoyable as well as his earlier stuff.
    I stopped watching his films after failing to make it to the end of Snatch - if the chance comes round I will have a look at The Covenant and The Gentleman and see if my misgivings are unfounded.

Blog Entries
    I stopped watching his films after failing to make it to the end of Snatch - if the chance comes round I will have a look at The Covenant and The Gentleman and see if my misgivings are unfounded.
    Off topic (more or less): I watch Snatch a few times in the cinema and a few times on DVD. One time, I had a DVD with extras: deleted scenes. With those scenes still in the movie, the story would have been completely different. But I cannot remember the 'twist' anymore. Is there anybody who has seen that as well?

EDIT: Found it:

Last edited by thieuster; 3rd February 2024 at 21:02.

Master
    I want to like it and I'm hoping it's good. I loved LSATSB and Snatch and I thought the Man from U.N.C.L.E. was great and very underrated. However there is something about the trailer that is making me concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    looks like its been done in the same style as the SAS rogue heroes series - should be a decent watch.
    i like most of guy richies films - i see him the UK tarantino.
    Quentin Tarantino?
    The director?

I wasn't particularly fond of Snatch when I first saw it, but I've watched it a few times and it really grown on and is up there as my fave GR movie. Much like Jackie Brown, after Pulp Fiction felt underwhelmed when I watched it the first time. But having seen it a few times since I think its Quentin Tarantino's masterpiece.