closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Custom straps

Custom straps

Hi there

I have a vintage watch with fixed bars which I usually pair with Hirsch Toronto straps (open ended). However because the gap between the strap bar and the case is quite tight, the strap gradually picks up a mark where it rubs on the edge of the case.

I have tried thinning the strap where it folds, by shaving away the leather (particularly the backing) where the fold happens, with some success. However I wondered about getting a custom strap made with a thin 'fold'. The strap itself I'd want super simple, 18/16mm taper, flat black, no padding.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a (preferably UK based) maker? Most of the custom strap people I know of only tend to do quite obscure Panerai type straps, understandably.

I have thought about having the strap bars converted to pins which might open up possibilities but thought I'd try this first.

Cheers
    Chris

Custom straps

I have the opposite problem too wide a gap between the case and fixed bars.

Anyway, not U.K., but I’ve had three, two for fixed bars, nicely made straps from HANDDN in Vietnam via Etsy.

Not cheap in comparison to a Hirsch Toronto. I would say the leather around the bars is quite thin, perhaps too thin for my watches however acceptable for nicely made straps.

Good range of leathers and colours, well made with neat stitching.

Unfortunately, on holiday until the middle of the month.

Another good strap maker, based on one strap purchased, on Etsy is JonesinTokyo. Even more expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 2nd February 2024 at 18:47.

Thanks for those I’ll check them out