closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New RMSD Collection Caveat

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

New RMSD Collection Caveat

Just noting it here to help some of you avoid browned underwear.

RMSD have added into their T&C's that if you use their doorstep collect service on a RMSD package then it's a 48 hour delivery and not next day.

This doesnt apply to packages handed in to the PO.

I learned this having called them to find out wtf was going on when a RMSD of mine was still sitting at my local depot with no update on the morning it was due for delivery with no tracking update beyond "we've collected".

Master
    This may well be because when collections are carried out by the postman from your door they may not get back to the office until after 16.30 or even 1730 under the new times that RM are planning for delivery and collection workers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Just noting it here to help some of you avoid browned underwear.

RMSD have added into their T&C's that if you use their doorstep collect service on a RMSD package then it's a 48 hour delivery and not next day.

This doesnt apply to packages handed in to the PO.

I learned this having called them to find out wtf was going on when a RMSD of mine was still sitting at my local depot with no update on the morning it was due for delivery with no tracking update beyond "we've collected".
    Never done a collection - do they still weigh it etc, as proof of it not being tampered with?

Grand Master
    I use RMSD frequently and I would never rely on collection. Buck stops with me, I hand the package over at a trusted local Post Office and I double check the post code’s correct, as far as practicable I leave nothing to chance. Never fails to amaze me how sloppy people are when posting watches, received one today with no return address on the package.....why???

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Never done a collection - do they still weigh it etc, as proof of it not being tampered with?
    Nope, when it’s collected from a customer it’s not weighed, dimensions not checked, nothing. Just a label and a pickup scan to acknowledge receipt of the pickup. The weighing, sizing is left to the customer and later checked somewhere else.

Would any other courier collections weigh on the doorstep?

Royal Mail is just becoming an expensive joke now, not just for RMSD. My wife had 'Next Day 24 Signed For' type package posted to her on Thursday the week before last. She received an email from RM Friday stating it would be delivered 10.30-14.30, which is the usual postie time slot. It didn't turn up with the postman. Saturday she received an email from RM stating it would be delivered by 7.30pm today. It didn't turn up. Postman was knocking on the door with the package at 8.30am Sunday morning. Disgraceful service. I think the local sorting office have some severe staffing/management issues.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I use RMSD frequently and I would never rely on collection. Buck stops with me, I hand the package over at a trusted local Post Office and I double check the post code’s correct, as far as practicable I leave nothing to chance. Never fails to amaze me how sloppy people are when posting watches, received one today with no return address on the package.....why???
    This definitely.
    It also amazes me how often when I sell an item on ebay the buyer has typed in their address with no capital letters, punctuation, or correct spacing. I end up doing a post code search to ensure I am labelling the package correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    This definitely.
    It also amazes me how often when I sell an item on ebay the buyer has typed in their address with no capital letters, punctuation, or correct spacing. I end up doing a post code search to ensure I am labelling the package correctly.
    That's true - post code as one "word" in lowercase and (maybe eBay's doing) user name included.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    That's true - post code as one "word" in lowercase and (maybe eBay's doing) user name included.
    I do my ebaying in the app and haven't seen the user name included, but yes, the postcode as one word in lower case is very common. Also flat number something something house something road something (district) something (town) with no punctuation as I have written it can be hard to decipher.