closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gym Day

Grand Master

Gym Day

Took our Granddaughter to school so at the gym at 9, later than the usual(06:30).So the Council traffic wardens are out trying to get some money into the local purse!.

£70 for parking in the bus area!.but if I pay now only £35...thanks.

This bus area is actually close to a bus and half in length,the stop being over a bus length behind where I parked.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

I’d appeal that

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    I’d appeal that
    I will second that, no way an appeal would uphold the charge given that pic.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Grand Master
    Won't win the Government.

All corrupt.

Just to say.As we all do,jump in our car and get ready to pull away when I noticed something stuck on the passenger side of the windscreen.Read it & walked around my car to see how far I was into the bus area.......maybe an inch onto the yellow bit!.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 2nd February 2024 at 13:44.

Why park on the line?

Craftsman
    Calling lineker shearer & var I think

That's rough

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I know somebody who parked partly on the zig-zag lines at a zebra crossing and got a ticket. They then obtained a copy of the British Standard for a zebra crossings, they then surveyed the zebra crossing where the alleged offence took place and concluded that the crossing was non compliant with the code. They then appealed the ticket on this basis and won! Obviously that is a lot of work to get off a fine, but the smug satisfaction of beating them on this was priceless. Also the zebra crossing was then removed and re-painted at significant cost to make it compliant.

Depends how much spare time you've got and how far you're willing to take it. Personally I just pay the 35 quid and move on.

I thought it was the wheels position that mattered...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by freeloader View Post
    Depends how much spare time you've got and how far you're willing to take it. Personally I just pay the 35 quid and move on.
    Already paid but annoying considering the possible over stepping by so little.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    I know somebody who parked partly on the zig-zag lines at a zebra crossing and got a ticket. They then obtained a copy of the British Standard for a zebra crossings, they then surveyed the zebra crossing where the alleged offence took place and concluded that the crossing was non compliant with the code. They then appealed the ticket on this basis and won! Obviously that is a lot of work to get off a fine, but the smug satisfaction of beating them on this was priceless. Also the zebra crossing was then removed and re-painted at significant cost to make it compliant.
    I did that when I was posting a parcel and I got a ticket and 3 points on my license

Grand Master
    I did that when I was posting a parcel and I got a ticket and 3 points on my license
    I wish all the best for the traffic warden person.

NOT.

Only doing his job I hear people say,NO not using some common sense I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post

NOT.

Only doing his job I hear people say,NO not using some common sense I would say.
    Yes, doing his job. How would he know when the poster might return and zig-zag lines are there for a reason, whether you’re parking for 5 minutes or all day?

Really, how hard is it to observe the rules, which in this case are there for safety?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Yes, doing his job. How would he know when the poster might return and zig-zag lines are there for a reason, whether you’re parking for 5 minutes or all day?

Really, how hard is it to observe the rules, which in this case are there for safety?
    The OP is not parked on zig-zag lines - the OP's offence is parking in the bus area (which is marginal at best) - I'd say appeal it.

Grand Master

No zig zags.....So You think I broke the rules of parking in a bus zone to such a massive degree looking at the pic.

Paid within 30 mins of arriving home so the money certainly isnt the issue.
    Ill be sending the pic to the appropriate dept.....do You work for the same dept!.Won't get anywhere if of your opionon hey lol.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 2nd February 2024 at 17:26.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    The OP is not parked on zig-zag lines - the OP's offence is parking in the bus area (which is marginal at best) - I'd say appeal it.
    Whilst very harsh, if the OP appeals it with that photo, he will lose. It clearly shows that, however marginal, he is parked in the bus bay and is therefore guilty as charged.

I would be annoyed if it happened to me too but, as the OP has done, would just pay up and have a rant about it then move on to more important things in life.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Whilst very harsh, if the OP appeals it with that photo, he will lose. It clearly shows that, however marginal, he is parked in the bus bay and is therefore guilty as charged.

I would be annoyed if it happened to me too but, as the OP has done, would just pay up and have a rant about it then move on to more important things in life.
    100% ^.

Cant beat the Government......pay or expect worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

^^^
    This would be the answer for me too.

It is the pettiness of the Traffic Warden I would find most frustrating, as it acts as a reminder of the general lack of 'common sense application' nowadays.

Grand Master
    I’d appeal that
    Definitely. Drop a vertical line from the back of the bumper and you are not inside the area, it would be on the line.

Rugby or football rules? If it's rugby on the line is out of play, football is the opposite. I`d argue football rules, ball has to be completely over the line including an imaginary vertical drawn from the widest circumference of the ball........that's the analogy I`d be quoting.

Traffic Wardens have a job to do, but it makes me wonder what type of twat would issue a ticket in this case?

I`d argue tooth and nail on this one.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Definitely. Drop a vertical line from the back of the bumper and you are not inside the area, it would be on the line.

Rugby or football rules? If it's rugby on the line is out of play, football is the opposite. I`d argue football rules, ball has to be completely over the line including an imaginary vertical drawn from the widest circumference of the ball........that's the analogy I`d be quoting.

Traffic Wardens have a job to do, but it makes me wonder what type of twat would issue a ticket in this case?

I`d argue tooth and nail on this one.
    When I was younger Paul I had a lot more anger and energy inside me to go up against things I might have thought worth taking my coat of for(figuratively speaking).
    Had I seen the "Twat" putting the ticket on my car many years ago Id possibly have got into a little more bother than worth.....
    What I will say on driving per say,the day I bin my driving licence wont be a day too late the way things are heading with fines and extra charges!.But thats another gripe.
    Unlike some,I never did see driving as something to enjoy!,and less so now..tbh I detest having to drive anywhere.

Gripe over......

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    The OP is not parked on zig-zag lines - the OP's offence is parking in the bus area (which is marginal at best)
    Yes, I know this.

No zig zags.....So You think I broke the rules of parking in a bus zone to such a massive degree looking at the pic.

Paid within 30 mins of arriving home so the money certainly isnt the issue.
    Ill be sending the pic to the appropriate dept.....do You work for the same dept!.Won't get anywhere if of your opionon hey lol.
    Looked like you were responding to Balance wheel's experience (otherwise, why quote him?), hence my response: -

NOT.

Last edited by Kingstepper; 2nd February 2024 at 18:47.

Grand Master
    Yes, I know this.

Looked like you were responding to Balance wheel's experience (otherwise, why quote him?), hence my response: -
    Going to the pub now(Taxi) no fines tonight.

Enjoy your night in & thanks for pointing out the mistake as to whom I inadvertently tagged my reply to......appreciate that really I do.

Atb.......To the Pub we gooooooo.....

Going to the pub now(Taxi) no fines tonight.

Enjoy your night in & thanks for pointing out the mistake as to whom I inadvertently tagged my reply to......appreciate that really I do.

Atb.......To the Pub we gooooooo.....
    Fantastic.

Grand Master
    Fantastic.
    Should be I think John(Landlord)has put some new beers on.
    Its a micropub and John does source some nice beers I have to say.

The Ainsbury.......Thackley.

I am going now!.

I’d appeal that
    Agreed - I always thought for counting it was the wheels or even the axle that the measurement was from.

Master
    I always thought it was where the wheels were positioned it the furniture

Same happened to a load of us - 11pm at Chelsea Bridge on a bike and anyone who went there at that time of night couldn't afford 3 points for parking a bike.

Master
    Took our Granddaughter to school so at the gym at 9, later than the usual(06:30).So the Council traffic wardens are out trying to get some money into the local purse!.

£70 for parking in the bus area!.but if I pay now only £35...thanks.

This bus area is actually close to a bus and half in length,the stop being over a bus length behind where I parked.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    If thats football, the balls still in. Cant believe that this constitutes a violation...

I have dealt with Paul the OP and so I am 100% sure his photo is as genuine as he is, totally to be trusted.
    But....to play devil's advocate here, who's to say in another similar case the driver hasn't moved his car forward before taking the photo and appealing?
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 3rd February 2024 at 12:55.

Here in sunny South Ayrshire, parking enforcement is a council function. Their PEOs take several photographs of an offending vehicle (e.g. registration number, position on the carriageway, illustration of offence being committed, where PN is affixed) when issuing the ticket.
    Last edited by jwg663; 3rd February 2024 at 12:17.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Here in sunny South Ayrshire, parking enforcement is a council function. Their PEOs take several photographs of an offending vehicle (e.g. registration number, position on the carriageway, illustration of offence being committed, where PN is affixed) when issuing the ticket.
    That would render my last post non applicable if that's the case.

Master
    Blog Entries

Great, they caused a waste of public money because they parked like a knob …

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Agreed - I always thought for counting it was the wheels or even the axle that the measurement was from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I always thought it was where the wheels were positioned it the furniture
    It is definately the rear of the vehicle rather than the wheels that applies.
    In the OP's case I would certainly have challenged the fine though.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    AFAIK it's just about all local councils throughout England that do the enforcement.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Parking attendants have to get their daily quota...

The PA will have also taken a pic and I guarantee you it''l be a little bit to the left and camera held higher to exploit why the fine is legit.

Could do with VAR in this situation

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    The zebra crossing wasn’t legal, the council wasted public money by not installing it correctly in the first place.
    Last edited by ROBANNENAGY; 7th February 2024 at 11:47.

Can sympathise with the OP, but it's one of those 'suck it up and make sure not caught out again' situations.

The notion that the excluded area is to the inside of the marker lines and use of the wheelbase as a reference - are absolute tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Pity the council can’t use common sense and fine them anyway.

Pity the council can’t use common sense and fine them anyway.
    OK, putting the zig-zag lines posts to one side, here's one for you:

I'm waiting on one side of a yellow keep-clear grid. Traffic ahead starts moving off through the lights, I wait until I see a car-length space on the other side of the grid and proceed. As I do this, the car in front stops and reverses a few feet to let someone out in front of them. The lights ahead change and I'm now stuck behind the car that reversed, with my back bumper sitting 6" over the far edge of the grid. I'm not impeding traffic wanting to turn right into the street covered by the grid. I'm literally 6" into the grid through the inadvertent actions of someone else.

Two weeks later the £120 fine drops through the door, with photographic evidence and a link to the traffic cam video. The video clearly shows what happens as the car in front reverses, shortening my distance from the grid. The photo clearly shows my bumper just nudging the grid. I appeal but the pen-pushing facists in City Hall are having none of it. An offence was committed, they bleat back at me.

Do you think they should have showed some leniency, taking into consideration the way I waited for the clear space before being reverse-blocked off? Do you think I was being inconsiderate or selfish, or stupid and reckless? Do you think I deserved the £120 penalty?

I personally think they were being myopic and behaving like a cabal of money-grubbing ar5holes, but I would think that, wouldn't I?

I'd love to hear your judgement on the above case study.

Sounds like your position was clear and legal. I don't think there is a requirement for any 'leniancy'

Reckon they simply rebutt the first claim from the driver, and it takes real effort to get it examined properly.

In simple terms - 'you entered the box once the exit was clear'

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Sounds like your position was clear and legal. I don't think there is a requirement for any 'leniancy'

Reckon they simply rebutt the first claim from the driver, and it takes real effort to get it examined properly.

In simple terms - 'you entered the box once the exit was clear'
    Definitely - Rule 174 is very clear and you followed it.

https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/road-junctions.html

So I was punished for a crime I didn't commit …