closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Frankfurt to USA with Lufthansa. Any opinions ?

Frankfurt to USA with Lufthansa. Any opinions ?

There has to be a parish member who's used this airline for a transatlantic....

How were they as an airline ?
    Pros ?
    Cons ?
    Points of view ?

Thanks

Yep, family holiday, LHR-MUC-LAX in economy.

Nothing stood out good or bad, but probably because economy is economy.

Master
    Flew business with them to Tokyo and must admit they were excellent although came back with ANA who are better. Would be quite happy to fly with Lufthansa again though.
    Last edited by alas58; 31st January 2024 at 00:09.

Craftsman
    Lancaster / Stavanger / Fishguard, Norway / UK
    I am flying them on a Frankfurt Houston routing at the weekend and have done so before same route. Found them competitive with other airlines in space and service. Not standout fantastic or notably poor either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies

I have travelled a few times, albeit to India via Frankfurt/Munich. Flights have been efficient and no frills, so normal economy.

Master
    Yep another “they’re fine” from me. If you’re at the back of the bus pretty much identical to the major European carriers

I always find Luthansa surprisingly below average. Their ground staff in particular, both in Munich and Frankfurt, are quite poor. Short flights within Europe with them are always unpleasant, but I've gone to the US in business and that was good.

Agree. Pretty much the same as any of the other national carriers. Old fleet on my regular route 10 years ago, that may well have changed now

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

I'm a frequent long haul flyer with Lufthansa.

They're below average in my experience (eg not as good as KLM) though not awful. If the timing and the price was okay I wouldn't be put off.

They have a dedicated 1st class terminal at Frankfurt, you get driven to the plane in a Porsche. In flight facilities and food not up to the standards of the Arab/Asian carriers but better than US carriers.

Business class will be in a 2-2-2 configuration, as opposed to the 1-2-1 configuration you get on some airlines.

Economy class, who cares, they're all pretty much the same. If you are booked in economy you may get an upgrade offer prior to the flight to move into business class - I tend to work on £75 per flight hour being a decent deal - any more than that and it becomes not worth it. So based on a 7 hour flight to New York then £525 per leg to upgrade is IMHO worth it, more than that no. That being said anything less than 6 hours I don't see the point in going biz unless it's very cheap as you don't get enough time to benefit from it and use the lie flat beds, and New York is only just passing that threshold. Maybe Premium Economy if it's less than £250 to upgrade per leg, else I'd just keep the money to spend at the destination (which in New York is probably a meal at a decent restaurant given how expensive the place is!).