closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Alexander James watch services review

Alexander James watch services review

A long overdue review! My father recently turned 70, impossible to buy for, so instead I decided to have his father’s watch restored.

Worn on my grandfather’s wedding day, we found it in a box several years ago when he passed away. Was in a bit of a state, crystal hazy enough to hide the colour of the dial, case back scuffed, bracelet was plain nasty.

Found Alexander James watch services (ajwsl.co.uk) via Barry (bazza.) on here. Was able to head over (they’re not far from me, Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham), have a look at the facilities, meet the guys etc. Felt happy leaving the watch in their hands.

Very pleased with the results. Didn’t want to make it look new, but to preserve its history while making it wearable day to day. Keeps time as well as any of the modern watches I have, and the crystal is now perfectly clear, shows the dial detail that was hidden previously.

I’ll be using them for any future work, and would happily recommend them.

https://ajwsl.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alexander James watch services review

That looks a lot like my grandma’s watch. Don’t take it the wrong way, she was quite a woman! One of the first women in France to have a driving licence («*permis de conduire des voitures à pétrole «*), she married my grandpa just before he went to war (WW1) and became a supervisor in a telephone exchange (at a time when it was unusual for women to have a job). Her watch was one she used professionally (not just to be on time, to check if others were). Not a Roamer but looked almost identical otherwise, to the bracelet.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Many thanks Warren it was a joy to work on something with so much sentimental value
    The watch itself housed a cracking little MST 371 moment and polished up really well

What a great story, and we all love a happy ending. I wonder where our watches will be in 75 yrs time, and if someone will love and care for them ?