closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car finance question/check/favour

Car finance question/check/favour

Our local Evri guy had his van stolen while delivering parcels and the insurance is apparently refusing to pay out. It seems he was pushed out of the way (with the key in the ignition) and not pulled out of the van meaning it counts as negligence and not car-jacking.

He’s a really decent guy who was delivering in an old clapped out car until it died and only recently bought a small van. I’ve checked the plate online and can see when it was advertised for sale and how much but not who sold it/the original advert.

Question is if it’s possible to make contribution to his finance (I am assuming he didn’t pay cash). He doesn’t seem the type to accept anything and I’d rather stay anonymous. I did suggest a GoFundMe/JustGiving on the local WhatsApp’s but nobody volunteered or knew of one.

I wouldent have thought the insurance could get away with that, can they ?

I thought you lived in a nice part of the woods Wiley ?

I haven’t spoken to him, just seen the local WhatsApp messages with people asking for doorbell/cctv footage.

Maybe he kept the van running while dropping off a parcel, saw it happen, ran back to the van and then got pushed away? He’s not a young guy and walks with a limp so probably isn’t quicker than a car thief.

Potential negligence aside he’s the sort of guy who deserved a break even before this so if I can put a few months payments in for him anonymously I will.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I thought you lived in a nice part of the woods Wiley ?
    That’s the beauty of London. Doesn’t have to be a good area to be expensive, you just have to bend over to live here. Anywhere else you’d think my house was £300k.

London is one big pile of anuses. I live in one of the cleaner anuses but it’s definitely still an anus.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    That’s the beauty of London. Doesn’t have to be a good area to be expensive, you just have to bend over to live here. Anywhere else you’d think my house was £300k.

London is one big pile of anuses. I live in one of the cleaner anuses but it’s definitely still an anus.
    Unfortunately I’m in the same boat. I dare say my 3 bed semi is £250/300k in other parts of the country but south east London and it’s considerably more. Also, I share the same sentiment. I travel into London and see a society that’s alien to me. Everybody stressed, moaning, depressed, the list goes on.
    If I had my way I’d be on the first plane out of here to sunnier climes but the children are of schooling age and it’s a big upheaval albeit they would probably let prosper more abroad rather than in their bedrooms glued to computers.
    Ahh only another 20 years give or take till they fly the nest and il be off!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I wouldent have thought the insurance could get away with that, can they ?
    The Offence of Demanding Property with Menaces:

“Any person who, with intent to steal anything, demands it from any person with threats of any injury or detriment of any kind to be caused to the other person, either by the offender or by any other person, if the demand is not complied with.

I saw a CCTV of a pair of scrotes who had followed a young lad to his house, Passenger got out and suggested to the lad that he hands over the car keys, when he refused - the scrote made a move towards him with the clear implication that he was having the keys one way or another.

Pretty sure that lad didn't lose his car and his insurance pay out on that.

Does he have a crime number from the police?

Not sure if he has a crime number. I can only see WhatsApp messages for our street but my wife has Facebook where there seems to be more chat.

Looks like they fractured his hand and he was in hospital for a bit. He just got back to work yesterday or today and has been asking for cctv during deliveries which is how we’ve found out.

Master
    I would suggest the police for a crime number then the ombudsman. It is a slow process but it sounds to me like he would benefit.

I have been to the ombudsman twice on car insurance issues, once for my family and once for a friends family and got a staisfactory ruling on both occasions.

They are reasonable people and do a good job - problem is they are snowed under and the insurance companies know and play a game.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I would suggest the police for a crime number then the ombudsman. It is a slow process but it sounds to me like he would benefit.

I have been to the ombudsman twice on car insurance issues, once for my family and once for a friends family and got a staisfactory ruling on both occasions.

They are reasonable people and do a good job - problem is they are snowed under and the insurance companies know and play a game.

B
    Ombudsman service is generally funded by the insurance companies, so sometimes don’t bite the hand that feed them.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...budsman.org.uk