closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Which day is best for you?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tuesday

1 10.00%
  • Wednesday

4 40.00%
  • Thursday

5 50.00%
  • Friday

1 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: TZ virtual Get-together Zoom meeting - best day?

TZ virtual Get-together Zoom meeting - best day?

As those who God spares trundle towards our next convivial "last Thursday" vGtG due on 29th February, I am required by the regulars to take action over one of the topics discussed last Thursday, i.e. would a different day be more convenient for some members who would like to partake but can't.
    Therefore I instigate this poll. Please take part only if you are an existing or potential participant. All are welcome of course, and all it takes is a PM to me in order to be forwarded the Zoom meeting access code.
    Most current regulars are not too bothered which day is chosen; this is to help decide if a change of day would increase the numbers of participants.
    Please check every day that would be convenient.
    I have selfishly excluded Monday from the options, as it is Quiz night at the Three Rooms of Gloom, and I am the TZ Zoom licence holder.
    Last edited by unclealec; 29th January 2024 at 10:51.

A bump for those young enough to be in gainful employment; those who find a perfect way of letting go life's stresses by relaxing and browsing these fine pages.

Sorry about the bumping; I want to keep this going for a few days to give the more casual browsers a chance to respond.
    Early days yet, but the trend so far is not screaming for a change of day.

Keeping this bubbling under for a few more days.

Penultimate bump; I am thinking that by Monday I will have all the responses likely.

Grand Master
    Have you decided what percentage is required to denote a clear mandate for change? V. Important to do this, that was the flaw with the Brexit vote! I suggest a two thirds majority.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Have you decided what percentage is required to denote a clear mandate for change? V. Important to do this, that was the flaw with the Brexit vote! I suggest a two thirds majority.
    We're not quite at that stage Paul; %s only come into play with significant numbers voting.

I am trying to canvass pinions from those for whom a change of evening would help their attendance stats; with no great success I'm afraid.

By the week's end I will declare this initiative closed. ATM it looks as though no change is necessary.

Today is your last chance to influence the day chosen for the TZ Zoom meeting.

On-field decision is no change.

As expected:

Total of 6 voters; one for Friday, others favour equally Wednesday and Thursday.

I therefore declare that the radical action I intend to take is the decision to stay as we are.

Not too late to comment on this chaps.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    As expected:

Total of 6 voters; one for Friday, others favour equally Wednesday and Thursday.

I therefore declare that the radical action I intend to take is the decision to stay as we are.

Not too late to comment on this chaps.
    I know, I'll put a poll on the vGtG in G&D, not Watchtalk, make no mention of the poll in the WATCHTALK vGtG and then passively aggressively pass comment in the vGtG that people didn't vote.....

Beam me up Scotty :)