closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where For 70’s Seiko Parts?

Craftsman

Where For 70’s Seiko Parts?

I dug out 1 of my dad’s old Seikos this evening and after being in a box for 15 years it started immediately with a little shake and no winding! It got me thinking that if I were to tidy it up a little, it might be nice having the option to wear it if the notion takes me.

Would anyone know where I could source a replacement crystal and some new pins to tighten up the bracelet? Whilst it would be nice to have it for nostalgia reasons, it would probably be worth no more than £50 when finished, so I don’t want to go too mad on it at the same time!

I’ve never dabbled in replacing parts before, so any help is appreciated.

That looks to be a very unusual lord matic.
    Japan only model ?
    Crystal will have to be generic ,Cousins or eBay . You will of course have to measure the original.
    It may of originally had a faceted crystal , a lot of LM did but you will have to research this.
    Bracelet can be rebuilt but only the removable links . I think you will struggle to get the other links apart and back together correctly without damage .

Craftsman
    Not really sure how he ended up with a Japanese model, I asked mum and she has no idea.

I’ve discovered the part number for the crystal is 290T04ANS. Cousins don’t seem to have it in stock, but I’ll register with them and ask the question. Not sure if they could source the pins too.

I think it will only need the end pins nearest the lugs, the rest aren’t too bad. Would any watchmaker keep generic pins that would do, or are they likely to be special items? Need to take a closer look at it, I fear the holes in the lugs could actually be the problem rather than the pins themselves.

Potential for the crystal, though they are trade only:

https://gleave.london/glass-seiko-290t04ans/

Craftsman

Where For 70’s Seiko Parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyons View Post
    Not really sure how he ended up with a Japanese model, I asked mum and she has no idea.

I’ve discovered the part number for the crystal is 290T04ANS. Cousins don’t seem to have it in stock, but I’ll register with them and ask the question. Not sure if they could source the pins too.

I think it will only need the end pins nearest the lugs, the rest aren’t too bad. Would any watchmaker keep generic pins that would do, or are they likely to be special items? Need to take a closer look at it, I fear the holes in the lugs could actually be the problem rather than the pins themselves.

Potential for the crystal, though they are trade only:

https://gleave.london/glass-seiko-290t04ans/
    .. unless they’ve changed very recently, gleave will cheerfully ship you a crystal at a time as a private individual (I’’d a 6139 and 6117 navigator crystal off them last year). Can be cheaper than cousins too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alslater View Post
    .. unless they’ve changed very recently, gleave will cheerfully ship you a crystal at a time as a private individual (I’’d a 6139 and 6117 navigator crystal off them last year). Can be cheaper than cousins too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It looks like they will deal with Joe Public

Gleave & Co. is a business that deals with people in the watch repair, clock repair and associated trades.
    If you are not in this category, you are purchasing parts at your own risk. We will not be able to help with any issues you encounter like fitting or if you have ordered the wrong part. We strongly discourage ordering if you are not confident with repairing watches and clocks. It is possible for anyone to use our website but please be aware of the following before ordering.

Full page - https://gleave.london/trade-only