closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartier Ballon Bleu

Cartier Ballon Bleu

My grandfather owns a two tone bracelet ballon bleu which I didn’t really like to be honest but have seen the steel offerings on straps and I can’t seem to talk myself out of one
    Anybody own one or have owned one?
    Cartier do a 40mm or 42mm version, I think I’d prefer the 40mm but might have to try them both on to see which is preferable.
    Quite a nice day to day watch for the office or similar.
    Nice guilloche dial to boot!
    Thoughts?

And a beautiful gold version if you want to push the boat out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must admit I keep getting drawn to one.

Looking forward to some piccys, views and opinions.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I had the two tone one; lovely watch, wore it a lot. But flipped in the end as I had gone off the yellow gold bits. They didn’t have a strap version back then

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

The two tone for me is a non starter. Quite a cold and sterile watch.
    I think the all steel on a strap hits the right spot!

Buy it quick if you do decide it's for you as my understanding is that Cartier will have quite the price hike in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Buy it quick if you do decide it's for you as my understanding is that Cartier will have quite the price hike in Feb.
    Do you know by how much Ryan?

Beautiful watch - I have a long standing WTB for one although I’ve since bought the Drive de Cartier, which will do me perfectly for now.

Certainly worth trying on, as they don’t wear as large as you might imagine. That said, I suspect the 40mm would hit the sweet spot for most.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Do you know by how much Ryan?
    I'd heard something like 15%. Pretty sure I read it on tz-uk. Maybe in one of Learningtofly's threads - he was buying a Cartier recently.

Ah here it is;

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Beautiful watch - I have a long standing WTB for one although I’ve since bought the Drive de Cartier, which will do me perfectly for now.

Certainly worth trying on, as they don’t wear as large as you might imagine. That said, I suspect the 40mm would hit the sweet spot for most.
    I really want to try the one on a bracelet (SS)
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I was always quite sceptical of the brand as a whole but have definitely found myself drawn to them recently. Tony’s ‘drive’ is lovely and the gold ballon bleu above would definitely get the thumbs up from me.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Was thinking about the large santos in green and ordered yesterday to collect Sunday. Looks like I got in just in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    I was always quite sceptical of the brand as a whole but have definitely found myself drawn to them recently. Tony’s ‘drive’ is lovely and the gold ballon bleu above would definitely get the thumbs up from me.
    Nothing at all to be sceptical about when it comes to Cartier. They have one of the richest heritages in watchmaking and produce beautiful watches.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Nothing at all to be sceptical about when it comes to Cartier. They have one of the richest heritages in watchmaking and produce beautiful watches.
    I know, something just never sat right for me. Not even sure what. Anyway, creeping up my buy list now.

Master
    Be careful if considering a new gold one --- they depreciate like pigs. I have a rose gold 42mm BB on a strap and it's languishing at well under half the £16,800 RRP.

I'm surprised that the steel ones aren't more popular, especially with the ladies, as Catherine, Princess of Wales (cue heavenly choir) has worn one for some years.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Be careful if considering a new gold one --- they depreciate like pigs. I have a rose gold 42mm BB on a strap and it's languishing at well under half the £16,800 RRP.

I'm surprised that the steel ones aren't more popular, especially with the ladies, as Catherine, Princess of Wales (cue heavenly choir) has worn one for some years.
    This seems an absolute steal! Not far off the price of a new steel model (new rrp that is).
    After some reading, it seems the early models are powered by an ETA movement and from 2015 they have an in house movement albeit a clone of the ETA movement.
    Don’t suppose there’s any further discount for a hard up TZ member is there? 🙈

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    This seems an absolute steal! Not far off the price of a new steel model (new rrp that is).
    After some reading, it seems the early models are powered by an ETA movement and from 2015 they have an in house movement albeit a clone of the ETA movement.
    Don’t suppose there’s any further discount for a hard up TZ member is there? 
    If seriously interested then do please contact me to discuss, but I'd also be donating to Eddie's fundraiser if we shook hands.

Hard to imagine how many NEW ones will sell if a February price rise happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

Crap analogy. Pork prices are flying high.