closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Did Bremont miss a trick?

Master
    Putting bits of old planes in watches? No, they have that covered....extensively.

They also did a limited edition Battle of Britain set:

https://amjwatches.co.uk/product/bre...d-edition-1138

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    Putting bits of old planes in watches? No, they have that covered....extensively.

They also did a limited edition Battle of Britain set:

https://amjwatches.co.uk/product/bre...d-edition-1138
    I'll be waiting for the special edition with a strap made out of Johnnie Johnson's scrotum.

Craftsman
    I find these 'made from' watches really unappealing. There was some company charging outrageous sums for one made out of Titanic scrap a few years ago. Was super ugly if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

I’m curious - has Omega ever made a Speedmaster with bits of lunar lander/Saturn V rocket/moon rock incorporated somewhere? It’s such an incredibly naff and unoriginal idea I’d be amazed if they haven’t??!!

No but they’ve rinsed the moon connection to death and put 007 logos on divers watches, presumably to appeal to 10 year olds so just as tacky.

Watches made from flown Soyuz rockets:

https://www.werenbach.ch/en/shop/soy...v-superlative/

Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post
    No but they’ve rinsed the moon connection to death and put 007 logos on divers watches, presumably to appeal to 10 year olds so just as tacky.
    I’ve always wondered who buys these. I get that putting a Snoopy or Mickey on a dial is so infantile it’s kind of charming but a 007 logo or gun barrel is really naff. Case back engraving should be the limit of that kind of cobranding.

Did Bremont miss a trick?

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I’ve always wondered who buys these. I get that putting a Snoopy or Mickey on a dial is so infantile it’s kind of charming but a 007 logo or gun barrel is really naff. Case back engraving should be the limit of that kind of cobranding.
    I’m by no means the most sensible person when it comes to watches - or anything else for that matter. Mid 50’s, love a bit of Lego, wear G shocks in every colour, bit of a Star Wars obsession etc. but the last James Bond themed watch I owned - and the last one I wanted - was a digital that played the James Bond theme tune. I was about 11 years old at the time. Now I can’t even bear to wear a Bond nato, when I had various Submariners I thought they looked a bit daft and Walter Mitty on one. A watch costing thousands with a cheesy pretend spy logo on it? I can’t really think of anything more ridiculous or naff. The nearest thing is the Speedmaster special editions I guess!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    I'll be waiting for the special edition with a strap made out of Johnnie Johnson's scrotum.
    You'll need a Ball for that.