closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone been to Montenegro?

Anyone been to Montenegro?

The wife & I are going for our 2 week summer holiday, staying in Budva. We are going last week in July / 1st week in August which is earlier than we wanted to, but September is not possible this year due to a family matter.

We are looking to do a bit of touring around as the country looks stunning - perhaps 4 days car hire.

Day 1 - Budva to Perast, Herceg Novi & back to Budva. We drive through Kotor both on the way out & back, but felt that might be worth a separate trip by bus. If we find we get back to Kotor on the return leg in good time, we might stop off there for a few hours.

Day 2 Budva to Pavlova Strana Viewpoint, Durdevica Tara Bridge . Tara Gorge, Crno Jezero (Black Lake) & then on to Niksic for an overnight stop. This is going to be a fair bit of driving in a day - 300km (ish) but Niksic is reasonably large, so should have a bit of life & it means the next day will be easier. We like the look of Hotel Trebjesa in Niksic

Day 3 Niksic to Ostrog Monastery, Cetinje, Mausoleum of Petar II Petrovic-Njegos then back to Budva

Day 4 Budva to Sveti Stefan, Petrovav, Ulcinj & then back to Montenegro

If anyone has been & has any suggestions I'd be grateful, including whether we've missed any "must see" places & also car hire places in Budva of which there look to be plenty to chose from.

Thanks in advance.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Been to Montenegro a few times and stayed at a hotel in Budva on one trip. The views from up in the hills are amazing. Personally I mostly like to loaf around the beach, the bars and the pizza places to be honest but the one place I'd characterise as a "must see" is the Njegos Mausoleum at Lovcen. We'll be back there again in September, Tivat this time.

Lake Skadar is nice as well, we went on a boat trip. You can see the cost of Albania in the distance.

That looks amazing

Craftsman
    Stayed in Budva last June, a mate of mine from Belgrade has a place there.

A couple of bays along from Budva is Przno Beach, great beach side restaurants, Ill Brodetto my favourite. There is a footpath from Przno through to Queens Beach, onto Milocer Beach then finally onto Sveti Stephan within 20 minutes.

Driving through Kotor was an absolute nightmare but it is beautiful.

Anyone been to Montenegro?

Been a couple of times but many years ago. On one occasion, before it became swanky, stayed a Villa Milocer formerly the queen’s residence. Popped up to Queen’s Beach for my pre-dinner beers and a bit of people watching, thick necked, menacing looking Russians with stunning companions.

I do like a bit of Karst scenery. Was in Bosnia’s Una national park this summer. Back to Montenegro, the interior is rugged, pretty wild with thick ancient forest. I found the roads and driving inland quite challenging. Took 50-100% longer than expected.

Grilled fresh fish, garlic spinach, boiled potatoes washed down with Vranac wine is stamped in to my memory. Simple, but a personal favourite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 24th January 2024 at 15:20.

Went last year,there’s a Carpark in kotor on the budva side,just has you come down the hill on your left .
    5min walk to centre.
    Loads of bars and restaurants in budva ,all different prices and quality.
    Didn’t do much else there as we started in Croatia and I’d had enough of driving.
    I’d definitely go back to budva,we stayed at the top of an hill looking down on the old town.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app