closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Traitors

Master

The Traitors

Anyone watching this dog eat dog show? Predictions on winners welcome. Traitors or faithfuls. My bet’s on a traitor…. Next week will tell.

Watched 1 and a half episodes of the first series, can't say I feel like I've been missing out.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Watched 1 and a half episodes of the first series, can't say I feel like I've been missing out.
    Agreed - just more vacuous 'entertainment'.

I wanted to hate the Traitors on the basis that it's yet more vacuous reality TV, but have to say that I've been gripped by both series.

As a friend described it, if feels like a psychology experiment that they weren't able to get past the ethics council.

I'm less excited by the series now Charlotte has gone (as I am remarkably shallow), but it'll be interesting to see how it finishes next week. We thought Harry was going to storm it but there have been too many slip ups in the last couple of episodes for that to be the sure thing it once was.

Craftsman
    We often play a game called Werewolf with our friends and its very similar to the TV show.

This coming week will be very interesting, it was a very good strategy played by Harry the Traitor with the shield.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    With viewing figures over 10 million some would clearly disagree.

SWMBO tells me her vote is for Harry to win.

(Or Molly).

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    With viewing figures over 10 million some would clearly disagree.
    You're confusing me with someone who gives a ***k.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Wanted to dislike it but have been sucked in. I reckon the Welsh bloke and the new traitor will oust Harry. Quite an interesting show.

Agree with Gyp
    Wanted to hate it, but totally hooked

Sent from my CPH2305 using Tapatalk

Didn't hold out high hopes at all when the first series started, but the missus wanted to watch and I was totally hooked and still am.
    This series is easily the best yet though. The Welsh guy (Andrew) is doing my head in, me and my wife both instantly recognised him and we have talked to him. I can picture the two of us stood with him chatting, but neither of us can remember the context (neither the subject or the location). I've done a Raffe and found him online but it yields no clues. It'll come to me randomly one day.
    Apparently it's based on a Dutch TV series (De Verraders) and there's been two US series hosted very ably by Alan Cumming instead of Claudia. We watched one of them (set in the same castle despite US contestants) and it was much better than we expected but the Americans were harder to relate to than the Brits.

Master
    Alan Cummings was terrible in the US version. Hate to see a Scot totally over playing the whole Scottish thing.
    Almost threw my whisky at the telly every time he said “dollarrrrs” as well.
    Claudia hosts it far better.

Fully hooked and loved the first season but I hope they stay away from the bush tucker trial stuff as that’s something for a different show.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    ….but I hope they stay away from the bush tucker trial stuff as that’s something for a different show.
    Oh dear.

Anyway….it is trash TV but I am also hooked. Some of the histrionics and melodrama during the missions can be a bit too much, especially towards the end of the first series. But the drama in the castle and at the round table is gripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Oh dear.

Anyway….it is trash TV but I am also hooked. Some of the histrionics and melodrama during the missions can be a bit too much, especially towards the end of the first series. But the drama in the castle and at the round table is gripping.
    The round table is the whole show really, far more interesting and entertaining than 'the murders'.

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Alan Cummings was terrible in the US version. Hate to see a Scot totally over playing the whole Scottish thing.
    Yes she does host it better no doubt about it, she's made it hers really.
    But I thought he did okay. Not being Scottish myself his hamming it up didn't bother me, hamming it up is what I associate him with anyway.
    But I see what you mean, possibly if say Rob Brydon had hosted I'm a celebrity when it was in North Wales and did the same thing I would feel as you do.

Watched the first series, that was enough. Can’t stand Winkleman.

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Agreed.

The Mrs & I watch it.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Sworn off reality TV for the last 10 years with the exception of Strictly come dancing which my youngest son loves. Watched the first few series of Big Brother and I’m a celebrity, quite enjoyed them then the bubble burst and all the contestants played to the camera and it was rinse repeat. Don’t feel like I’ve missed a thing but half the stars of Tv now mean absolutely nothing to me!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Sworn off reality TV for the last 10 years with the exception of Strictly come dancing which my youngest son loves. Watched the first few series of Big Brother and I’m a celebrity, quite enjoyed them then the bubble burst and all the contestants played to the camera and it was rinse repeat. Don’t feel like I’ve missed a thing but half the stars of Tv now mean absolutely nothing to me!
    Generally agree with you as I hate happy clappy shows including Strickly but somehow this one has drawn me in…

Apart from the first one or two of I’m a Celebrity shows I dint think I’ve ever watched any of these shows. Zero interest. However my missus, who’s like me and not fussed with Big Brother type tripe wanted to watch something so I said the first series of Traitors went big so why not give the new one a go, I didn’t bother with the first episode but she was totally hooked so I started watching from then. We love it!
    I think the difference between Traitors and the rest of the “reality” shows (sorry I don’t know what else to call them) is there doesn’t appear to be anyone playing a game to be a panto villain or playing up to the cameras. The Faithfuls all seem so caught up with the game they don’t see a Traitor when they’re right in front of one.

My tip is Andrew, he seems too dim to plot a strategy but Harry has gotten too cocky and is getting too careless.

My Mrs and daughter seem to be hooked, i watched from over my specs and wanted to hate it but after forcing myself to endure an episode i can confidently state that yes - i really do hate it.
    I had to walk out of the room the other day and find something else to occupy myself rather than listen to a group of dimwitted halfwits sit round a table arguing with themselves.
    The manufactured drama, suspense and fake peril is cringy and laughable.
    And as for Winkleman - you`ve had the same fecking look for 50 fecking years, it`s about time you had a new hairdoo.

Craftsman
    Played a blinder from the start, was twitchy for Harry when it got down to the last 3 but he was a worthy winner.
    Great tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    Played a blinder from the start, was twitchy for Harry when it got down to the last 3 but he was a worthy winner.
    Great tv.
    Yep, love him or hate him he played it virtually to perfection apart from a few small bloopers he got away with.
    Feel sorry for any future boufriends of Molly, just try winning her trust lol.

Master
    Yes felt sorry for Molly. Heart ruled head and was totally played by Harry. But it’s only a game innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    But it’s only a game innit.
    That's the first thing she forgot, the second was as a Faithfull you can only be certain about yourself.
    She messed up royally at the end though changing her mind. If Jaz had been a traitor he never would have voted for another banishment, the money would have been in the bag for him if he were one.

The Traitors

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    That's the first thing she forgot, the second was as a Faithfull you can only be certain about yourself.
    She messed up royally at the end though changing her mind. If Jaz had been a traitor he never would have voted for another banishment, the money would have been in the bag for him if he were one.
    Unless he wanted it all for himself and wanted to get Harry out of the way, had be been a traitor.

Mollie believed they were all faithful so had to vote for someone and was never going to vote for Harry in a million years, Jaz didn’t really have chance at the end.

Someone should really have questioned Harry about the shield though, he could/should have been caught and banished at that stage and was very lucky thot no one picked up on it.
    Last edited by Dave+63; 27th January 2024 at 09:38.

Blog Entries
    There was simple to logic to play out here….

There’s no way Jaz is voting for a banishment as a traitor…. Unless he’s taking a huge risk about not sharing with Harry…

She votes Harry out she’s odds on to split with Jaz

But, she opts to vote out Jaz when Harry has literally just been called out by another traitor…. I mean, was there any theme of traitors turning on one and other???

I was shouting at the telly….

Deep physiological trauma caused by the Beeb…. Chefs kiss to ‘em!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Unless he wanted it all for himself and wanted to get Harry out of the way, had be been a traitor.
    But Mollie didn't believe Harry was a traitor and Jaz knew that, he had to throw the dice as a faithfull and it very nearly worked. But of course, their thought process permutations are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    There was simple to logic to play out here….

There’s no way Jaz is voting for a banishment as a traitor…. Unless he’s taking a huge risk about not sharing with Harry…

She votes Harry out she’s odds on to split with Jaz

But, she opts to vote out Jaz when Harry has literally just been called out by another traitor…. I mean, was there any theme of traitors turning on one and other???

I was shouting at the telly….

Deep physiological trauma caused by the Beeb…. Chefs kiss to ‘em!!!
    All very true. Unfortunately I don't think the poor girl was the shiniest spoon in the drawer, she only got as far as she did because she was inoffensive to everyone, and Harry knew he had her on board.

But Mollie didn't believe Harry was a traitor and Jaz knew that, he had to throw the dice as a faithfull and it very nearly worked. But of course, their thought process permutations are endless.
    I know, Jaz was in a lose lose situation, his only hope was to do what he did and hope.

I know, Jaz was in a lose lose situation, his only hope was to do what he did and hope.
    Indeed, and he was so close to pulling it off.

Blog Entries
    Indeed, and he was so close to pulling it off.
    The poor girl knew it too…. She was literally writing his name down…. Jaz nearly played an absolute blinder…. He was clearly the most astute player in there…

The poor girl knew it too…. She was literally writing his name down…. Jaz nearly played an absolute blinder…. He was clearly the most astute player in there…
    Yes, he certainly kept his powder dry until the last moment, a little more thought from Mollie and she and Jaz would have each been £47k richer.

Yes, he certainly kept his powder dry until the last moment, a little more thought from Mollie and she and Jaz would have each been £47k richer.
    Not necessarily, put yourself in Mollie’s position.

Why has Jaz gone red?

Either he’s a faithful and has doubts about Harry or he’s a traitor and knows Harry is one too. She has no doubts about Harry and trusts him implicitly so, quite naturally, thinks that Jaz’s doubts are unfounded.

She now has to banish one of them believing them both to be faithful or, alternatively, both of them to be traitors.

She is obviously closer to Harry and so it has to be Jaz she banishes.

Unless my logic is also flawed?

Not necessarily, put yourself in Mollie’s position.

Why has Jaz gone red?

Either he’s a faithful and has doubts about Harry or he’s a traitor and knows Harry is one too. She has no doubts about Harry and trusts him implicitly so, quite naturally, thinks that Jaz’s doubts are unfounded.

She now has to banish one of them believing them both to be faithful or, alternatively, both of them to be traitors.

She is obviously closer to Harry and so it has to be Jaz she banishes.

Unless my logic is also flawed?
    Your logic definitely not flawed Dave, as I said, the permutations are endless. But I still believe the balance of probability lies with Jaz, if he was a traitor riding it out.

Master
    Im sure if Jaz would have said that he knew for definite Harry was a traitor due to the chat with Paul and the fact he voted to end the game and Jaz was a faithful because he voted for another banishment it would have swayed Mollie to vote for Harry.