closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vintage IWC - Talk to me

Vintage IWC - Talk to me

Morning all. I have a hankering for something vintage, would like to spend around £1000 or less. I think 36mm would be the minimum size I'd consider and I much prefer automatic to manual wind. I like a date but I would really want it to be quickset if present.

I've identified this IWC on eBay... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176175191...mis&media=COPY

Seems to be just what I'm after but I'm interested in the forum's opinion. I messaged the seller to ask if it's a quickset date and they said it is.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I'm not overly familiar with IWC but the edges on that case look rather soft which means that it's been polished by somebody who didn't know what they were doing. Keep looking.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

I know nothing about these, but I like the simple clean style, akin to a 1960s King Seiko or 2000ish JLC Master Control.

A quick gander at Chrono24 suggests to me that the model is 820AD and automatic movement 8541, but as I said I don't really know.

Following on from C-B's comment take a look at a couple on Chrono24 (one in the UK and one in Switzerland for example) and compare the bevels/chamfers on the lugs. They appear far more precise on those on Chrono24.

Yeah, I see what you mean, the bevelling to the lugs has definitely lost some of its definition. Thanks for the replies.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk