closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Golf holiday recommendations

Golf holiday recommendations

Looking for suggestions on European golf destinations for our group of 6 dads and lads in September '24.

Ideally somewhere warm(ish) with three reachable golf courses for a 4 night stay. We've previously done Costa del Sol and Tenerife but would like to try somewhere a bit different or perhaps less obvious. Belek (Turkey) looks a tad too hot in Sept at 31 degrees?

Cheers

Why not the obvious places? September in Scotland would be perfect. Portugal has loads to offer, but the nicest course I've seen (whilst on holiday), and one that I definitely want to go back to play is https://www.aphroditehills.com/golf/

Fantastic accommodation and the course is spectacular with some holes along the coastline, and one over a steep valley. It's well worth a look.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Looking for suggestions on European golf destinations for our group of 6 dads and lads in September '24.

Ideally somewhere warm(ish) with three reachable golf courses for a 4 night stay. We've previously done Costa del Sol and Tenerife but would like to try somewhere a bit different or perhaps less obvious. Belek (Turkey) looks a tad too hot in Sept at 31 degrees?

Cheers
    We are doing Cascais (Lisbon side of Portugal) for the 3rd year in a row this May.
    Really nice town and 4 or 5 decent courses(2 v good) nearby.
    If budget is tight maybe best stick to costa del sol as there are more choice for courses on a budget.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Why not the obvious places? September in Scotland would be perfect. Portugal has loads to offer, but the nicest course I've seen (whilst on holiday), and one that I definitely want to go back to play is https://www.aphroditehills.com/golf/

Fantastic accommodation and the course is spectacular with some holes along the coastline, and one over a steep valley. It's well worth a look.
    I haven’t been personally, but I’ve only ever heard amazing things about Aphrodite Hills. Great shout.

We go to Fuengirola every year, tonnes of decent courses and not outrageously expensive. But I think I’d be looking at Turkey for a change for definite.

Master
    The Titanic, Belek, Turkey was agreed to be as excellent by all 16 of us 2 years ago. Courses on the doorstep were very good, with others nearby and the hotel was brilliant (food especially). We went all inclusive and all branded drinks/beers were included, which isn't always the case. One post round afternoon/evening in a lovely clubhouse where every spirit was tried as a forfeit is very fondly remembered....

Salgados,albufaira Portugal,everything you need.
    Seriously thank me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some interesting ideas - thanks all.

Though mildly amused by the suggestion of Scotland - not warm enough, and certainly not far enough away from home :wink:

Craftsman
    For a more affordable and possibly more fun experience we are planning to go to Slovakia this year. Stay in Bratislava which is supposed to be a great night out. Then we will play the two Penati courses which rank in the European top 100 and also Hruba Borsa.
    All in including spending money it's less than £1,200 for 3 nights.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Have to say, Aphrodite Hills was one the least favourite holiday courses I’ve played.

I love Turkey for golf. I’ve played about 8 or 9 courses along the Belek coastline and not one has disappointed yet. You do have to be careful as it’s the time of year when they start prepping the courses for their main season…. November through to spring and you may find top soiled greens etc.

Lisbon coast is superb, played Praia Del Rey which is a superb course and I believe they’ve added more courses in the area.