closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CW Sellors refusing refund

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Lesson here is above £100 for a regular shop transaction, always use a credit card directly and never use PayPal.
    PP often help with smaller transaction,at least you have a chance.

Over £100 CC

I paid as much as I could for my car on my credit card and would always insist on at least £100.
    They understand why we do it so dont mind.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Lesson here is above £100 for a regular shop transaction, always use a credit card directly and never use PayPal.
    Lesson 2 . Don’t buy from Sellors / Jura.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Lesson 2 . Don’t buy from Sellors / Jura.
    PayPal decided against my issue with this lot.

Master
    I bought my missus a Longines Primaluna on the 6th of December for a decent price.
    The watch arrived within 2 days with a note saying the paperwork would arrive later ???
    I emailed and also contacted them on WhatsApp about half a dozen times and they blamed
    Longines when they bothered to reply.
    So I contacted Longines who said it wasn't part of their customer practice and they'd see into it.
    I finally got the warranty card from CW Sellors/Jura on Thursday without an explanation which is fine by me.
    I won't be a returning customer and I think that's my first negative experience buying a watch

Sellors took a deposit off me for a watch they didn't have in stock and were unable to supply as it was a limited edition which had sold out, I didn't know this at the time. It took weeks and numerous emails for them to eventually return my deposit, I would never use them or any other business associated with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Just curious but how does it work if you pay using your credit card linked to your paypal account, are you then under paypal only T&C or are you still covered by your credit card?
    You either pay by CC or you pay by PayPal. You can't have it both ways.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    You either pay by CC or you pay by PayPal. You can't have it both ways.
    PayPal funded by credit card. Which would probably be treated as a PayPal purchase, even though original funds are coming from CC.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Guess if you pay with CC linked to PayPal, CC will step in any (unlikely) dispute with PayPal but not the retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    PayPal funded by credit card. Which would probably be treated as a PayPal purchase, even though original funds are coming from CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Guess if you pay with CC linked to PayPal, CC will step in any (unlikely) dispute with PayPal but not the retailer.
    If you pay by PP you lose recourse to S75. As I stated in a more roundabout way above.

Completely separate but I do get a kick out using Amex via PayPal when the merchant doesn’t take Amex.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Completely separate but I do get a kick out using Amex via PayPal when the merchant doesn’t take Amex.
    Likewise!
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Yeah, the direct payment to retailer is from PP.

If you pay by PP you lose recourse to S75. As I stated in a more roundabout way above.
    Thought I did too TBH.

If you pay by PP you lose recourse to S75.
    It's not quite that straightforward.

MoneySavingExpert has a useful article explaining when paying through PayPal does, and does not, remove Section 75 protection:
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cr...Pal-Section75/

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    I bought my missus a Longines Primaluna on the 6th of December for a decent price.
    The watch arrived within 2 days with a note saying the paperwork would arrive later ???
    I emailed and also contacted them on WhatsApp about half a dozen times and they blamed
    Longines when they bothered to reply.
    So I contacted Longines who said it wasn't part of their customer practice and they'd see into it.
    I finally got the warranty card from CW Sellors/Jura on Thursday without an explanation which is fine by me.
    I won't be a returning customer and I think that's my first negative experience buying a watch
    This appears to be common practice for Jura and CW Sellers.

I was in that situation after a purchase. When asked about why the papers were shipped separately, this was their response. They preferred to ship a watch without papers in case it was stolen while in the mailing system. They then provide the papers after confirmation of a safe delivery of the watch.

I wouldn't buy from them again based on the feedback here.
    Last edited by j111dja; 20th January 2024 at 16:25.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    This appears to be common practice for Jura and CW Sellers.

I was in that situation after a purchase. When asked about why the papers were shipped separately, this was their response. They preferred to ship a watch without papers in case it was stolen while in the mailing system. They then provide the papers after confirmation of a safe delivery of the watch.

I would buy from them again based on the feedback here.
    Really? Can't see much (any even) decent feedback.

Really? Can't see much (any even) decent feedback.
    It was a typo. Sorry for upsetting you.

Just to confirm that I have no interest in dealing with CW Sellers or Jura ever again.

Based on the feedback here alone, they are an embarrassment to the watch collecting fraternity.
    Last edited by j111dja; 20th January 2024 at 16:32.

Just to confirm that I have no interest in dealing with CW Sellers or Jura ever again.

Based on the feedback here alone, they are an embarrassment to the watch collecting fraternity.
    I was also surprised after what you said that you would buy from them again; now it makes total sense!

Their justification to you for sending papers after sounds like cover for them to sometimes hold on to them to sell elsewhere, but if pestered will eventually send them to the rightful owner (if ever). Very good that yours did get sent to you though.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    I was also surprised after what you said that you would buy from them again; now it makes total sense!

Their justification to you for sending papers after sounds like cover for them to sometimes hold on to them to sell elsewhere, but if pestered will eventually send them to the rightful owner (if ever). Very good that yours did get sent to you though.
    Sorry for the mix up. I'd rather give birth to an adult purcupine than deal with them these days. That's that cleared up. :-)

It was their policy at the time. It made sense to them. Of course, they never informed me of this practice. I was panicking so I phoned them. Shocking service.
    Last edited by j111dja; 20th January 2024 at 16:50.

Not upset at all, just didn't make sense.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post

MoneySavingExpert has a useful article explaining when paying through PayPal does, and does not, remove Section 75 protection:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post

Aha. Thank you Sir! Just read through this and looks like PayPal credit comes under section 75. I use it because it offers 4 months interest free, which is handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    A lot of times retailers refuse Amex is nothing to do with cost, and accepting PayPal alleviates a lot Of those issues

Still OT but Amex is a pain in the butt for small businesses. The last time we accepted it, we were charged a higher rate for accepting it plus an additional (significant) fee plus the payment didn't come through to our bank account for nearly two weeks. MasterCard and VISA are just so much better and easier and even Paypal is a whole lot better than Amex - in my experience.

I've had a similar experience with Jura online and wouldn't go near them again. The customer service was awful. That said, I have been to the CW Sellors shop in Whitby which was a very good experience and I'd happily shop there again. It does leave me slightly conflicted as they come under the same banner but apparently the internet retail side is run completely separately from the shops.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    Still OT but Amex is a pain in the butt for small businesses. The last time we accepted it, we were charged a higher rate for accepting it plus an additional (significant) fee plus the payment didn't come through to our bank account for nearly two weeks. MasterCard and VISA are just so much better and easier and even Paypal is a whole lot better than Amex - in my experience.
    I’m sure that is true but they give 1.25% so I use them every chance I get.

My spend in small businesses is usually low value and nearly always in cash. Just because I have to pay tax doesn’t mean they do. Best of luck to them.

Just because I have to pay tax doesn’t mean they do. Best of luck to them.
    Sorry for ongoing off-topic but I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. Are or would you be happy to pay a higher tax rate to make up for other folks’ tax dodging?

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Sorry for ongoing off-topic but I wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. Are or would you be happy to pay a higher tax rate to make up for other folks’ tax dodging?
    I agree with your sentiment but the vast majority would if they could. A generation ago, a very common statement in shops would be - "discount for cash?". That's why Governments don't like cash and prefer digital. Even without the organised criminality, there's a distinct lack of control. However, in order to take monetary transactions completely digital, they have to be simplified for the older generations and they're most certainly not.

Ironically, think about the time the OP will have spent trying to get his refund in this digital online age vs walking into a shop and demanding a refund. He wouldn't even have been in the same position with a shop as the product would be checked before he walked out of the door. Digital distance selling is extremely convenient when it goes right and unbelievably inconvenient when it goes wrong.

Master
    Threads such as these are are really useful resource. I was buying a watch recently and Jura were the cheapest on-line. I had seen previous posts about poor service but still discounted using them. I'm glad I did now.
    FYI, I put in a bid with First Class Watches quoting the Jura price and slightly below it which was accepted, and I must say the buying experience from them was great-brand new, all stickers, and papers. So thank you to this forum.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I spoke to one of the managers the other day.

I told him about this thread and that he might like to read it.

He told me storys about a woman returning a new watch after a weekends wear at a dinner and a musical festival (yet thought it was normall to return the watch).

Others storys about swapped watches and watches bought for a special occasion then returned on a Monday.

He also told me they photograph watches before they send them out.

I told him that not everyone is trying it on and the storys here are from watch enthusists.

I would ask if the watch was photographed before sending it out,because if it was why didnt they mention it?

I agree with your sentiment but the vast majority would if they could. A generation ago, a very common statement in shops would be - "discount for cash?". That's why Governments don't like cash and prefer digital. Even without the organised criminality, there's a distinct lack of control. However, in order to take monetary transactions completely digital, they have to be simplified for the older generations and they're most certainly not.

Ironically, think about the time the OP will have spent trying to get his refund in this digital online age vs walking into a shop and demanding a refund. He wouldn't even have been in the same position with a shop as the product would be checked before he walked out of the door. Digital distance selling is extremely convenient when it goes right and unbelievably inconvenient when it goes wrong.
    In my experience, Jura’s nefarious tactics have got the shop return angle covered also. I bought a watch online and returned it to their shop in Leeds (very convenient). But the shop informed me that they needed to ship it back to head office for checking and processing. This was followed by the usual four or so weeks of constant chasing, being ignored, being fobbed off etc before I finally got my refund (and only then due to dogged persistence).

Their Leeds store has subsequently closed. I suspect that the rest of the business won’t be far behind given the way that they operate.

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    In my experience, Jura’s nefarious tactics have got the shop return angle covered also. I bought a watch online and returned it to their shop in Leeds (very convenient). But the shop informed me that they needed to ship it back to head office for checking and processing.
    I'm surprised that they even allow that, several shops don't as they run as separate entities. If you buy online you return online and if you buy in a shop you return to the shop. Mixing the two, unless the business is set up that way, is bound to complicate matters. That's probably why it had to be returned to head office, meaning shipped to their online business.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    He told me storys about a woman returning a new watch after a weekends wear at a dinner and a musical festival (yet thought it was normall to return the watch).
    Very common in the clothing industry but I'm sceptical as to how often it happens in watch retail. In both instances the product has to be returned in new condition which is easier to get around with clothing than it is with a watch. One little knock and you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Ideally I would like everyone to pay the full rate of tax but I would prioritise the efforts to force adherence.

This is like regular people not using straws to save the planet while Taylor Swift produces 138 tonnes of emissions in three months (from private jet use alone) purely to see her boyfriend play football in the NFL. The uk annual average per person is 13 tonnes.

Tax google, Amazon, Apple, Starbucks, Facebook. Make the Duke of Westminster pay inheritance tax. Then we can worry about sole traders and family businesses not declaring 100% of their income.

Very common in the clothing industry but I'm sceptical as to how often it happens in watch retail. In both instances the product has to be returned in new condition which is easier to get around with clothing than it is with a watch. One little knock and you're done.
    Can’t be easy with clothes - deodorant/perfume/BO smells; wearing clothes with a tag attached; stains; pulls and snags, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Can’t be easy with clothes - deodorant/perfume/BO smells; wearing clothes with a tag attached; stains; pulls and snags, etc.
    After one event? A very not there high end dress, perfume and deodorant is unlikely to touch it and a quick spin in a washing machine or at a dry cleaner will get rid of those. Tags are usually easily hidden or removed and replaced. Pulls/snags/stains are the ones to avoid but far more easily avoided than bashing a watch. I wouldn't mind making a bet that all the forum members who comment on their wives destroying watches will also notice that their wives 'event' dresses and shoes are immaculate. Men aren't too far behind either if a little more protective of their watches.

After one event? A very not there high end dress, perfume and deodorant is unlikely to touch it and a quick spin in a washing machine or at a dry cleaner will get rid of those. Tags are usually easily hidden or removed and replaced. Pulls/snags/stains are the ones to avoid but far more easily avoided than bashing a watch. I wouldn't mind making a bet that all the forum members who comment on their wives destroying watches will also notice that their wives 'event' dresses and shoes are immaculate. Men aren't too far behind either if a little more protective of their watches.
    Doubt a 'quick spin' in a washing machine would go unnoticed by a retailer.

What tosh.

Doubt a 'quick spin' in a washing machine would go unnoticed by a retailer.
    I know of it being done. With 'fast fashion' few retailers even take a cursory glance. The higher end the garment, the more work is required - if any at all. I also know a clothing distributor who has shown me examples of what gets returned - some not even washed.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly
    What tosh
    love the constructive comments. If you work in the industry and know better, please feel free to elaborate.

I know of it being done. With 'fast fashion' few retailers even take a cursory glance. The higher end the garment, the more work is required - if any at all. I also know a clothing distributor who has shown me examples of what gets returned - some not even washed.
    So it is obvious that stuff has been worn...

This is like regular people not using straws to save the planet while Taylor Swift produces 138 tonnes of emissions in three months.
    I read in Smash Hits that she loves baked beans and Jerusalem artichokes.

love the constructive comments. If you work in the industry and know better, please feel free to elaborate.
    What this got to do with the OP's problem?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I read in Smash Hits that she loves baked beans and Jerusalem artichokes.
    Had you down as a More Magazine kind of girl

Craftsman
    Well update. PayPal have refused my claim. So I am liable to repay the £1300 and I don’t even have the watch!

No wonder Sellors get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Well update. PayPal have refused my claim. So I am liable to repay the £1300 and I don’t even have the watch!

No wonder Sellors get away with it.

Post #2

Post #2
    Yep - cost of printing a letter and cost of a stamp but here we are...

Forgive me if I'm out of order.

But!

You asked for advice on the forum, you were given lots of great advice, especially post number 2, even a fair few commenting on their rubbish dealings with them. Yet you didn't appear to have heeded any advice given, I also read something about you "chatting" to somebody from the company about posting a thread about them on here?

I, of course hope, you get your money back, or the problem is resolved in your favour.

You will have to be persistent, which is annoying, time consuming and stressful.

Good luck to you, hope its resolved quickly...I once dealt with them, They were rubbish!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post

But!

You asked for advice on the forum, you were given lots of great advice, especially post number 2, even a fair few commenting on their rubbish dealings with them. Yet you didn't appear to have heeded any advice given, I also read something about you "chatting" to somebody from the company about posting a thread about them on here?

I, of course hope, you get your money back, or the problem is resolved in your favour.

You will have to be persistent, which is annoying, time consuming and stressful.

Good luck to you, hope its resolved quickly...I once dealt with them, They were rubbish!
    Not sure what your point is.

I read all the feedback and was grateful for it.

I requested a refund from PayPal as the first port of call. Is that not the most sensible thing to do before sending out a legal letter?

I’ve merely posted an update.

Possibly it is a good first port of call as you say. With some companies/business that is.

Trouble is, Juras Sellors, whatever they call themselves have a terrible reputation. As I say, I hope you get a speedy response and your money back.

ps, I didn't mean to offend. You came on here asking for advice.
    Last edited by valleywatch; 24th January 2024 at 12:54. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by valleywatch View Post

But!

The guy who 'chatted' to a shop manager was bwest76. Quite what he hoped to achieve is anyone's guess?

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76
    I spoke to one of the managers the other day.

I told him about this thread and that he might like to read it.

Others storys about swapped watches and watches bought for a special occasion then returned on a Monday.

He also told me they photograph watches before they send them out.

I told him that not everyone is trying it on and the storys here are from watch enthusists.

I would ask if the watch was photographed before sending it out,because if it was why didnt they mention it?

Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Well, Sellors still refusing after sending letter plus multiple emails.
    I had read this as meaning a letter as in post #2.

Is that not what you meant? If not, what letter did you send?