closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex DJ 126200 or Omega Aqua Terra? Updated: decision made!

Excellent choice!

Master
    Since 1983 Omega has been/is owned by the Swatch Group, the largest watch company in the world, it has hovered up many "brands" and they produce watches at various price points, some/most of good quality - so IMHO "modern" Omega is not what Omega was from a historical perspective.

Rolex has always been owned (since 1960) by the private family trust and has continued producing watches within the same company, with just a few exceptions they produce all the parts needed to manufacture the watch in house

I'm not really into modern watches - so when I look at Omega watches I look at those made in the past, (historically, pre 1983) and if I see a modern Omega to me it has now become just a brand marketing design exercise of the Swatch Groups along with say, Longines and Tissot, etc.

I'm not criticising your choice, I'm just passing a comment and if you want a modern good quality watch I'm sure the Swatch group produce them

Journeyman
    Date just...no...aqua terra.....no...date just....no...aqua tera....no....

Craftsman
    AT would’ve been my choice too, much more interesting.

You did well getting a couple of spare straps and clasps there too!

Master
    Aqua Terra would have been my choice too.

Master
    Lovely watch. If I didn’t already have an 8500 AT this would be my white dial watch. On the rubber strap I bet that looks mega. Enjoy.

Master
    I had an earlier version, (2503.50) - 2010 I think

was indeed a lovely watch

a few images

Master
    Blog Entries
    A sound choice, not that you could go far wrong with either watch IMO.

I guess we all have our favourites:

but every Aqua Terra is a good Aqua Terra, I reckon.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Since 1983 Omega has been/is owned by the Swatch Group, the largest watch company in the world, it has hovered up many "brands" and they produce watches at various price points, some/most of good quality - so IMHO "modern" Omega is not what Omega was from a historical perspective.

Rolex has always been owned (since 1960) by the private family trust and has continued producing watches within the same company, with just a few exceptions they produce all the parts needed to manufacture the watch in house

I'm not really into modern watches - so when I look at Omega watches I look at those made in the past, (historically, pre 1983) and if I see a modern Omega to me it has now become just a brand marketing design exercise of the Swatch Groups along with say, Longines and Tissot, etc.

I'm not criticising your choice, I'm just passing a comment and if you want a modern good quality watch I'm sure the Swatch group produce them
    I know a lot of people think this way, but I can't say that it really computes for me. Swatch and Rolex are both large corporations run by profit-maximising businessmen who don't give a damn about their customers, and the same is true of any watch company that is larger than a microbrand or an artisanal maker like Dornblüth or Habring. Whether those in charge are descendants of a founding watchmaker, or random business school graduates, doesn't seem to make any difference to me. There's no reason in my mind why you get a better or worse watch depending on which of those it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love the Aqua Terra and I reckon that was a great deal. Great watch.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Congrats OP. Glad you are enjoying it!

Journeyman
    Good choice OP. Although you couldn’t really go wrong between those two options. Enjoy!

Craftsman
    Decisive choice. Awesome watch. Well done!

Nice choice OP and the AT looks fantastic on your wrist.

If I had t go down to one watch I think I easily settle with the AT as a complete everyday wearer. Fantastic versatile watch.