closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anonimo Issue

Grand Master

Anonimo Issue

Hey!

A little advice please, I have an Anonimo Sailor, which I've had for several years, but worn sparingly. However, the other I day I went to set the time and the crown parted company with case. So, can anyone recommend anyone either local to me (Surrey) or where I can send it for repair? Thanks.
    /vince ..

Grand Master
    More info required!

Has the crown and stem come out of the watch or has the stem snapped? If the stem has snapped close to the crown, leaving a broken stub inside, it's almost certain that a new crown will be needed and I assume that will be bespoke to the watch, can`t see a generic working. If the stem's broken and left a small part protruding from the crown it should be possible to get it out but it'll be tricky to do.

If the stem has come out of the movement that should be straightforward to fix.

Repairers aren`t magicians, miracle workers or mind readers. If a new crown is required I suggest you contact the UK stockist and ask for help in sourcing a replacement, that'll save the repairer having to do the legwork.

Grand Master
    Thanks for replying. When I pulled the crown out, the stem was attached. I did replace the crown (as did not want to lose it), but have not taken it out since.
    /vince ..

The stem is typically retained by a small screw in the caliber, adjacent to the stem aperture.

This could have become loose, and is an easy repair if you have the correct case opener and a set of screwdrivers.
    Simply push the crown all the way in and tighten the retaining screw.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post
    The stem is typically retained by a small screw in the caliber, adjacent to the stem aperture.

This could have become loose, and is an easy repair if you have the correct case opener and a set of screwdrivers.
    Simply push the crown all the way in and tighten the retaining screw.
    This is true for older watches, the setting lever is retained with a screw/pivot, but on later (mid 60s onwards) designs this isn`t the case, the setting lever incorporates the pivot/pin which is set into the mainplate. Removal of the stem requires the end of the pivot to be depressed slightly, refitting is the reversal of removal but care must be taken to prevent the setting lever and other keyless work parts from becoming misaligned, if that happens the dial has to come off to correct the problem. There are exceptions, Seiko and Miyota movements allow the stem to be refitted by simply pressing back in, with no risk of the problem I`ve described happening; worst of all are ETA 2824 and Sellita SW200, these always require care.

The fact that the stem is attached to the crown changes the scope of the problem for the better, I don`t know what movement the Anonimo uses but fixing the fault should now be feasible without needing parts specific to the watch case. I don`t recommend the OP trying to fix it himself, there has to be a reason for the stem to come out as it did, possibly the keyless work needs lubricating, the tiny stud on the setting lever that locates into the stem may be damaged, or the stem itself may have a problem. Without seeing it and inspecting closely it's all speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I don`t know what movement the Anonimo uses
    It will be either an ETA 2824 or Sellita SW200

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
    It will be either an ETA 2824 or Sellita SW200
    Yep, did a bit of homework and that’s what I concluded. Straightforward to sort out.