closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Amplifier for ipod classic and mission speakers ?

Hybrid View

Try a Leak Stereo 130. I have one in our snug with a pair of JBL L82s. Very nice bit of kit for the money.

FWIW in my main living room I have a pair of Beolab 5s and a Beogram 4000 that I had restored in Denmark, so my ears are not made of cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Try a Leak Stereo 130.
    Yes, by all means: the Leak is yet another reboxed Quad Vena from IAG, so any of those 3 (Quad/Mission/Leak) will be a great solution.

cyrus usually pair well with mission speakers ( iirc they were part of the same company yrs ago) , you should be able to pick up a cyrus 3i amp pretty cheap on fleabay.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Yes, by all means: the Leak is yet another reboxed Quad Vena from IAG, so any of those 3 (Quad/Mission/Leak) will be a great solution.
    I listened to the Quad on the L82s before I bought it at Vickers in York. I was swung by the additional tone controls on the Leak, and the more attractive (to me), packaging of the Leak.

Not much in it though.

Hi All,
    Cheers for the replies, looks like the ipod dock plus amp seems to be the way to go, I had a nosey around to see what's available and it seems Cambridge Audio seem to sell a fair bit of open box / refurbished items themselves on ebay, I wondered if anyone had bought stuff from them via there, seems to cut out the middle man a bit ? and should anything go pear shaped it would I think be easier to return items to them.

Cheers, Richie

PS The speakers are 701s

I was round at a fella's house today- picking up a pair of speakers and he had a Bluetooth interface between his phone and his Amp. Was pretty good - have asked him what unit it is.

Very handy for anyone's playlist.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YY1Q7...hk_typ_imgToDp
    Last edited by blackal; 6th January 2024 at 17:06.

My ageing ipod connects with the ancient amplifier via a cable that goes from the headphone socket to the L+R aux inputs sockets, no need for a docking thing. Would look prettier I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    My ageing ipod connects with the ancient amplifier via a cable that goes from the headphone socket to the L+R aux inputs sockets, no need for a docking thing. Would look prettier I suppose.
    Would have thought that the signal from the 30pin was cleaner than the 3.5mm, and therefore more suitable method for pairing with an amp. But I'm probably wrong.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    My ageing iPod connects with the ancient amplifier via a cable that goes from the headphone socket to the L+R aux inputs sockets, no need for a docking thing. Would look prettier I suppose.
    The dock I have also charges the iPod as well as providing the audio connectivity. A very useful additional function !

Bought mine for £10 so a no brainer.