closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor FXD strap query

Tudor FXD strap query

Hi
    I tried on the new black FXD with the Velcro strap and loved it. For any owners with the Velcro strap how have you found it over time.
    Thanks
    Andy

The strap on my Alinghi (on the SC now, bargain hunters!) wore very well, but then I replaced it with an Erika's Original, of the type designed for the FXD, and I never looked back. The OEM are good straps, though.

Master
    No issues whatsoever- it’s a perfect partner to what is my perfect watch.

I’ve had the original for around 18 months now and have worn it nearly everyday. It’s just been joined by the chrono version, which I fell in love with straight away.

No issues, had for a year, wash it though! The only thing I think would need attention over time would be the fuzzy loop part of the Velcro but as per any Velcro. It’s an ideal strap for the watch. The rubber it comes with is also very comfortable.

Great, thanks for the replies

Master
    Blog Entries
    You usually see this watch paraded on an aftermarket strap, however I've yet to see one that looks better suited to the watch than the original Julien Faure strap.
    Last edited by trident-7; 5th January 2024 at 13:57.

Master
    My FXD strap the velcro never felt that "sticky" so I've replaced it with an EO and some Nicky Mankey straps. Tbh I like them better anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    My FXD strap the velcro never felt that "sticky" so I've replaced it with an EO and some Nicky Mankey straps. Tbh I like them better anyway.
    Nick Mankey on an FXD? Got any pictures of how that works? I can't think, what with the fixed bars.

Master
    I’ve had 2 FXD’s. The first, a 22, was the same with the Velcro not very “sticky” The second a 23, is far better. Not sure if this means the straps were upgraded, or luck of the draw. However, like Wol before me, mine now lives on an Erikas (in my case blue denim)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Nick Mankey on an FXD? Got any pictures of how that works? I can't think, what with the fixed bars.
    Wol,
    You got me into these straps mate, I have this Nick Mankey on my FXD - you have to select FXD version at check out.
    I also have one of the lumed diver straps en route too, these really are (in my opinion) just about perfect for FXDs.

Journeyman
    I’ve currently got my AD trying to negotiate with Tudor to comp me the small version of the FXD’s Velcro strap - the medium one that comes by default is too long for my wrist and the first position was that the additional strap would be £240. As much as I agree it’s one of the best combos, if Tudor won’t send me one for free then I’m not buying one and the too-large one will be shoved in the box and left in case I ever decide to sell. That said, I am hoping to keep this watch for the long haul so maybe I should sell the strap and recoup some of the purchase price.

ETA: For the moment I tend to wear the FXD on either a steveostraps custom canvas job, or a predominantly blue and black selection of nylon single-passes.

Thank you for taking the time to post that, Crouchy - I appreciate it, and can see how it works from your pic. Great strap for the watch - good call!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_ie View Post
    I’ve currently got my AD trying to negotiate with Tudor to comp me the small version of the FXD’s Velcro strap - the medium one that comes by default is too long for my wrist and the first position was that the additional strap would be £240. As much as I agree it’s one of the best combos, if Tudor won’t send me one for free then I’m not buying one and the too-large one will be shoved in the box and left in case I ever decide to sell. That said, I am hoping to keep this watch for the long haul so maybe I should sell the strap and recoup some of the purchase price.

ETA: For the moment I tend to wear the FXD on either a steveostraps custom canvas job, or a predominantly blue and black selection of nylon single-passes.
    They were £140 last year…..I ordered one but haven’t picked it up yet

Master
    Blog Entries
    Same here

There’s an FXD thread with people posting different strap options. Newer posts are more strap related.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Pelagos/page14

I love EO but they have too much going on at the 12 o'clock position where the buttons are and interfering with the look of the watch.

About a month ago I got a Watch Stewart G Series. A bit ingenious really, when you think about it.
    THIN is the new BLACK

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    They were £140 last year…..I ordered one but haven’t picked it up yet
    Goodness, that’s a hell of a price bump on a strap!