closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is there any information about this (sort of) watch

Blog Entries

Is there any information about this (sort of) watch

Saab had a few watches in their accessories collection. Not really something for me, but I know a few people who collect a complete brochure... I guess it's quartz watch; Seiko inner works perhaps origin perhaps? There's no picture of the watch back taken off.

My idea (correct me when I'm wrong) is that these 'promotional watches' were built somewhere far far away with a logo on the dial from the client who wanted a bunch of watches. But I never found out where they were made. Of course, big names like Sinn etc did this. And I remember owning a promotional watch with Lemania 5100 internals.

Im sure you are right, it will be a catalogue watch offered by a marketing or manufacturing company that a corporate could commission with 'your logo here' type of thing. Not quite in the same league as the Dominos Pizza Rolex sadly!
    Cheers..
    Jase

As with promotional materials, they can vary from the sublime to the ridiculous.
    I recall some very nice looking vintage Rodania watches that were Alfa Romeo branded.
    The foundation of my collection was managing to snaffle up 5 Fortis watches (with Lemania 5100 inside) that were all branded Ducati (they were a big sponsor during the Fogarty WSB years).
    Heuer and Audi
    The list of good ones is quite long, but nothing like as long as the plethora of cheapy quartzes that were not designed to sell as a premium accessory, but to be given away at the slightest excuse.

The Saab watch looks quite nice, and of course if you are a Saab fancier...

I've had a few of those type of things, a Nissan, SG investments and Mitsubishi heavy industries, all given to me which were all pretty decent however nothing like the Dominoes Rolexes or Philippine Airline Tudors.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I think the Castrol branded watch that I parted with in the big watch give-away of 2013 was made by Certina.

I note that the case back has 'Licensed To 2Expressions' on it. SAAB had their own accessory line called 'Expressions'.

There's a few new pieces listed at - https://www.neobrothers.co.uk/saab-e...ts/memorabilia

There's some items on eBay as well: mostly pens, though.

As an aside (and not connected, I think), there's also the Dumont SAAB watch company, located in Manaus, Brazil.

Edit: found this - https://www.saabplanet.com/saab-watches/
    Last edited by jwg663; 4th January 2024 at 16:33.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Rather like the IWC!

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    As with promotional materials, they can vary from the sublime to the ridiculous.
    I recall some very nice looking vintage Rodania watches that were Alfa Romeo branded.
    The foundation of my collection was managing to snaffle up 5 Fortis watches (with Lemania 5100 inside) that were all branded Ducati (they were a big sponsor during the Fogarty WSB years).
    Heuer and Audi
    The list of good ones is quite long, but nothing like as long as the plethora of cheapy quartzes that were not designed to sell as a premium accessory, but to be given away at the slightest excuse.

I bought one of your Ducati Fortis 5100s many years ago, it recently was bought by a Ducati owner in Texas , but I was delighted to have had some use of it over the years .

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post

I bought one of your Ducati Fortis 5100s many years ago, it recently was bought by a Ducati owner in Texas , but I was delighted to have had some use of it over the years .
    I wondered where they all ended up. Thanks for buying from me.
    I kept one for quite a while before I realised just how much I dislike screw-down pushers.
    I know one (which I was specifically asked to send sealed, not even checked over) is probably still in a collector/dealer's vault in the Netherlands, in exactly the same state.
    D

Craftsman
    first time i see something decent looking with the SAAB logo on it..

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangelos View Post
    first time i see something decent looking with the SAAB logo on it..
    A bit unfair, Saab made some excellent cars in the 60sand 70s, they were making good cars into the 90s. A bit like old watches, you have to consider them in the correct context.