closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Man saved by using watch as a mirror

Master

Man saved by using watch as a mirror

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-67875511

I'm guessing it was a flat crystal. If so, it was an advantage over a domed one.
    Last edited by Tiny; 4th January 2024 at 06:40.

I liked how calmly he said "a shark came and had a sniff...."

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I liked how calmly he said "a shark came and had a sniff...."
    How do you know that?

Well it was written in a calm manner but maybe he was a bit less calm in real life.

From the article.... "a shark had come to "have a sniff" of him at one point but eventually left him alone."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    How do you know that?

Calm and still is the advice...mind you the humour/irony of a fisherman in the water as potential prey/ bait and a shark comes for a sniff, a wry smile/ grimace wouldn't be amiss. I went into a cage off of Seal Island in SA where they chum the water so you can get a look at The Great Whites...the sharks were a bit disappointingly not all that interested in us, even with all the fish parts and claret in the water, not that day anyway though some mates did it on a different occasion and had the sharks butting the cage sides...I've swum at, after, small sharks whilst snorkelling invariably they've shot off when I've been spotted.
    Humbling to be in their environment.
    Last edited by Passenger; 4th January 2024 at 09:42.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good job the watch didn’t have AR coating on both sides of the crystal or he’d be a dead man. Yet still some irresponsible manufacturers persist in doing this. They are little better than murderers, when you come to think of it.

I wouldn't recommend calm and still. Calm yes, but steady movement is better e.g. treading water or finning.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullbreakfast View Post
    Good job the watch didn’t have AR coating on both sides of the crystal or he’d be a dead man. Yet still some irresponsible manufacturers persist in doing this. They are little better than murderers, when you come to think of it.
    LOL!

I don't imagine they'd even consider the uses as a mirror in their design brief.