closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car Insurance Shock!

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post

Absolute piss-take.

Legal requirement yet companies free to charge whatever they feel like - seems bent to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That's a big increase - possibly your insurer no longer wants your business. What are other quotes looking like ? Out of curiosity what car is this for ?

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    That's a big increase - possibly your insurer no longer wants your business. What are other quotes looking like ? Out of curiosity what car is this for ?

I’d assumed that with mine. Turned out it was still the cheapest out there. Based on the prices I keep seeing, I’m still in a great position.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post

2017 Beemer 5-series tourer, 535. 4th year of insurance of it. I’m mid 40’s and an Advanced Driver/fellow member of IAM.

Last year was an increase too, and many insurers are refusing to quote.
    I called a broker and he said that Nottingham had become an area that many didn’t want to do business in, but he couldn’t give me any facts as to why.

Craftsman
    2017 Beemer 5-series tourer, 535. 4th year of insurance of it. I’m mid 40’s and an Advanced Driver/fellow member of IAM.

I called a broker and he said that Nottingham had become an area that many didn’t want to do business in, but he couldn’t give me any facts as to why.

So nothing wildly exotic. Hopefully you can find suitable cover at a decent price. If you haven't already seen it Martin Lewis Money Saving Expert has some tips on bringing down the cost of cover

Seat Leon fr worth 8kish

Expected much worse after seeing this thread. Had a no fault prang that somehow ended up costing 3k to repair (that's really for another thread) I'll shop around even i it's just to get away from AXA and their incompetence.

Craftsman

That must be something around your personal circumstances. I live in the Nottingham area and just ran a dummy quote on a 2017 535 with business insurance - lowest quote £650, most others around £1000. Who knows what's going on...