closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Dialed Diver?

Craftsman
    The Formex Reef is a great, original diver design. Available in 2 sizes now the new smaller one has been released.
    High quality case & bracelet, with changeable bezels, micro adjust, quick change straps etc. COSC certified as well.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    The Omega 2551 on a Jubilee.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk
    Interesting strap combo, maybe a touch small at 36mm.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    The Formex Reef is a great, original diver design. Available in 2 sizes now the new smaller one has been released.
    High quality case & bracelet, with changeable bezels, micro adjust, quick change straps etc. COSC certified as well.
    Just had a look at them, nice spec, very unusual bezel and I do like the dial. I think a bit chunky especially with the lump on the 9 O'clock case side, but thanks anyway.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Interesting strap combo, maybe a touch small at 36mm.
    A must see to fully appreciate just how well it looks.

My 3 blue dialed divers:

I would imagine the Precista would be the hardest to find in the wild being 1/50 made. All three are great watches in their own right.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_ie View Post
    The Diver One is particularly good for something in the £200-300 range, I regret selling mine a couple of years back to someone for far, far too little money.
    I know quartz has been ruled out in this instance but for anyone else reading this and looking for ideas, I'll confirm that the Ti Diver One in blue is a cracking daily and holiday watch. I bought the Ti bracelet for mine and it gets worn a lot. I'm sure the other colours are also great but it's a particularly nice subtle shade of blue. A lot of watch for the money, albeit quartz.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 97BlackC5 View Post
    My 3 blue dialed divers:

I would imagine the Precista would be the hardest to find in the wild being 1/50 made. All three are great watches in their own right.
    I absolutely love the Precista but 1) I knew they were an LE and 2) I really want new.
    I have a HC, albeit a black 39mm Mk2? and having seen the current blue in the flesh it just wasn't for me, plus its above budget/too good for pool duties. if i was going to spend hat much I would be looking at Sinn 105 or Oris Aquis to bring a bit of brand variety to the watch box.
    I have always had a soft spot for the SMP and a chrono was on my list as a retirement present to myself (ended up with a 116610 in the end), but same applies; above budget and too good to risk in the pool after a few libations. That's not to say I haven't been looking longingly at them on SC though, it's just not that sort of hunt atm.
    I did enjoy your pictures though thanks.

Master
    And the winner is.......

Thanks for all your help guys. I can see me standing at the edge of a strap rabbit hole however.

Nice - can't go far wrong with a Certina

Excellent choice!

Master
    Cheers guys, I did try on a friends Mido OST and while it was very nice, it somehow felt a bit small and I was unconvinced by the bracelet. They do of course share the same movement.
    I bought it from First Class watches saving a considerable sum, ordered late evening and delivered 2 days later.
    Oh, and they sent me a £75 Naked Wines voucher (off a case costing £134.99 or more) and I wont use it, so if anyone wants it just bung a few quid in the FR and it's yours. Has to be used within 30 days apparently.

How about the C Ward Aquitaine in blue? Sapphire bezel, great finish and features such as tool free adjustment, quick release spring bars, plus a Swiss movement. Under a grand on the bracelet if budget will stretch. From experience I can say they make excellent quality watches.

https://www.christopherward.com/aqui...4aAnaBEALw_wcB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very retro style but for a blue dial diver sub £800 this is what I'd buy

https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/01364...EaAmgjEALw_wcB

I've just taken delivery of the yellow dial and it is a cracking, quirky watch to be worn in the sun.

Ah edited to say I see you've picked up the Certina. That's a beauty as well and definitely my 1st choice from the ones you initially shortlisted.

Master
    I did have a look at CW and saw the Dartmouth with the faux aged lume which I'm not a fan of. I may have looked again if I had seen the Aquitaine.
    The Tissot is a bit funky for my tastes thanks.

I'D have snaffled up the Blue Baltic on SC, just personally speaking, they make terrific watches.

Enjoy your watch OP.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    I'D have snaffled up the Blue Baltic on SC, just personally speaking, they make terrific watches.

Enjoy your watch OP.
    Thanks, I am so far and after a bracelet watch it feels quite light.
    The Baltic was a good shout it's just that I'm not a fan of the retro gilt/faux lume thing, same as the Doxa 200 Caribbean which I loved otherwise.
    It just goes to show that there are a lot of very reasonably priced divers out there that are a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Thanks, I am so far and after a bracelet watch it feels quite light.
    The Baltic was a good shout it's just that I'm not a fan of the retro gilt/faux lume thing, same as the Doxa 200 Caribbean which I loved otherwise.
    It just goes to show that there are a lot of very reasonably priced divers out there that are a lot of fun.
    Yup agree the retro/gilt/ faux lume tends to be something of a divider, then as you observe there's plentiful cracking value for fun options.

Master
    The Certina is a great choice, that really pops. I have a Squale 1521 which I was drawn to for a similar aesthetic.

Master
    My friend, who won't buy a watch if it's at all similar to anything else in his watch box, tells me mine are all the same, which is not entirely untrue, and the Certina is completely different. There are a lot of nice watches that have been mentioned here, but the fact that it's like nothing in my watch box was one of the deciding factors. Squale was on my list for consideration as well, I guess the Certina just spoke to me more.