closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA - global knife sale

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Gave it to the MIL an hour ago, she thinks she’s going to sell it at the Marie Curie charity sale. Not a chance but it’s out of my house now, all that matters.
    Haha best of luck to her.

My folks are moving, the astounding rubbish they have saved over the decades they are now asking me if I want is astounding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Haha best of luck to her.

My folks are moving, the astounding rubbish they have saved over the decades they are now asking me if I want is astounding!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Was saying to my wife yesterday that we need a loft for our loft. This year I’m going to try and clear out a bit as the amount of stuff we have is a mental disease. No one needs 30+ shoes/trainers/boots.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I've been tempted to buy this set ^^ but can't deny the idea of receiving that block isn't a positive!
    It may be hard to believe but it’s even bigger than it looks!
    Last edited by Matt London; 24th January 2024 at 13:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt London View Post
    It may be hard to believe but it’s even bigger than it looks!
    Geez, it looks pretty huge in the picture above. I'm no designer but then again neither is the person who chose to produce it

Having eaten my own dog food and bought the £249 set, I'd suggest that the stand is not quite as bad as some are making out. Depends on the kitchen it's going in to, of course.

In the meantime, the stands are selling at somewhere between £30 and £75 on eBay for anybody who wishes to get rid of theirs.

Having never owned a Global Knife are they over hyped or worth the dosh?

They are meant to be very good, the discounts on that site are pretty good, shows how much they make selling at full RRP

I personally find them a little bland looking, which I know should not make a difference but would rather a more Japanese samurai style knife.

We bought a 25th anniversary set over a decade ago, and it came with a crappy stand a bit like the ones referenced above.

Global made some good blocks over the years, so I sold our stand on eBay, and bought a used block made by Global that was more aesthetically pleasing.

Is that an option for you all?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Having never owned a Global Knife are they over hyped or worth the dosh?
    I’ve had mine for something like 25 years, still use them most days. Hold an edge well, sharpen well.
    Can’t remember what I paid, but I do remember it was a stretch and I questioned the cost at the time. Would buy more, but don’t really need to…

Master
    I'm fuming at how much I paid 23 odd years ago. Even the G2 knife in that kit is £140 from Global or £100 from sale sites.

Still toying with backups, but they're never going to wear out!