closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Citizen Tsuyosa - no interest?

Citizen Tsuyosa - no interest?

Hey All - I'm not sure if I've missed the chat on this, but searching turns up a single sales post.

Is there no interest in the Tsuyosa?

Good size, looks nice (IMO), not expensive...I'm quite surprised that it's not talked about more!

Have I missed something on here!?!

I thought there was something in the new releases thread, but I can't find it. I like the integrated bracelet trend at the moment, but the Tissot PRX really has that one nailed. The CW offering is nice too. What I don't like about the PRX is the bracelet which feels flat, sharp and a bit cheap. This has a much nicer bracelet, reminiscent of 80s Omegas and Heuers. Good selection of colours too. At a smidge under £300 for an automatic, I might take a punt...

The PRX clasp is butterfly which means no micro adjustment. At least with the Citizen, even though it's a pressed clasp you get some form of adjustment.

I really like the Tiffany blue and yellow options on it, and also the cyclops, which might divide opinion, but I'm old and need glasses! :-)

I expect it’s more a case of Citizen have missed the boat a bit with the whole integrated bracelet fad. It’s nice enough but I hear the crown is difficult to use and it’s a non hacking movement. Add to that it’s a bit small and it’s made by Citizen who never seem to get the gushing praise that Seiko get and it was never going to win many over.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I expect it’s more a case of Citizen have missed the boat a bit with the whole integrated bracelet fad. It’s nice enough but I hear the crown is difficult to use and it’s a non hacking movement. Add to that it’s a bit small and it’s made by Citizen who never seem to get the gushing praise that Seiko get and it was never going to win many over.
    I wouldn’t say a 40mm integrated bracelet watch is small, particularly when it has a thin bezel. The Royal Oak ‘Jumbo’ is 39mm. I’ve never heard anyone complain about the size of 36mm Rolex Oysterquartz either, as the bracelet makes it wear larger. But true that Citizen haven’t captured hearts in the way GS have. The odd very high end one is strangely appealing though, in a contrarian, deeply under the radar way.

In this case, I have some minor reservations about the placing and size of the type (too close to the batons, automatic too large?), and I wonder about the cyclops, the size or magnification looks off - but I may just be comparing it to the Oysterquartz and assuming different is wrong. Can’t really complain at that price anyway.

The big problems for me are the crappy clasp and the dials. Not that there is anything wrong with the dial as such, but if it had a glossy dial instead of a sunburst I'd probably have a yellow one.

I have the Tiffany Blue one, really nice watch.

The bracelet is very good quality, chunky and weighty but smooth (no hair puller) and nicely retro I think, an earlier poster mentioned like and 80's Omega, and I think that sums up the coolness and quality of this bracelet well.
    The polished and brushed elements of the case and bracelet are well thought out and provide the watch with some very nice profile edges and depth in design.
    Like a lot of integrated watches it wears bigger than its dimensions suggest, I would say it wears comfortably like a 41mm watch at a minimum, wears very similar to my 15300 and Zenith Defy Classic for dimensions (obviously not talking about the thickness of the case).

The dial is clean and nicely finished as are the markers and hands, the only gripes I have are the crown which is small and fiddly (although nicely positioned), and the cyclops is not the best magnification.

Overall I think it is a terrific value watch, punching way above it's RRP.
    Last edited by dustybottoms; 23rd December 2023 at 21:11.

The black dial is £170 at H Samuel. Bargain price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmul View Post
    The PRX clasp is butterfly which means no micro adjustment. At least with the Citizen, even though it's a pressed clasp you get some form of adjustment.

I really like the Tiffany blue and yellow options on it, and also the cyclops, which might divide opinion, but I'm old and need glasses! :-)
    Looked at the Citizen and for not more cost they should have fitted a better quality clasp. Other than that, great value for money watch!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk