closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Steel Reef bracelet extensions

Steel Reef bracelet extensions

Ooops

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    IMO not worth £112.....Some may think it is worth that!.

5mm wouldnt work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    IMO not worth £112.....Some may think it is worth that!.

5mm wouldnt work for me.
    Can you explain how 5mm of on the fly adjustment wouldn't work for you, given the use case for these extensions? As for price, if it makes the difference between wearing a watch or not I'd probably disagree, Paul.

Grand Master
    Can you explain how 5mm of on the fly adjustment wouldn't work for you, given the use case for these extensions? As for price, if it makes the difference between wearing a watch or not I'd probably disagree, Paul.
    5mm would make it too slack on my wrist,I wear my watch tight.This was also mentioned on the other thread.And typically where an issue would arise to need this(holiday in hot climate)I would take a watch that works in all weather.
    Re price......I did say IMO.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 12th December 2023 at 10:52.

Master
    Kind of nearly almost OK with the price, nearly...... maybe. Its a little less than oem price for a quick link divers extension but not loads.... if really good quality it's probably completely fair, although it's 2+ times the price of some decent adjustable clasps from people like miltat a d formex. For me it's likely that 5mm would be a little too much though, 3-3.5mm I reckon would be ideal for me. If it were much much cheaper I'd probably try it though.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Kind of nearly almost OK with the price, nearly...... maybe. Its a little less than oem price for a quick link divers extension but not loads.... if really good quality it's probably completely fair, although it's 2+ times the price of some decent adjustable clasps from people like miltat a d formex. For me it's likely that 5mm would be a little too much though, 3-3.5mm I reckon would be ideal for me. If it were much much cheaper I'd probably try it though.
    All this ^^

I'd probably be a buyer for the proposed sinn h link extension but not for half the cost of the bracelet.

I guess it's economies of scale for them at the moment.

I think I must be a freak whose wrists don’t change in size. I don’t have a single watch with on the fly adjustment, and my GS has no adjustment at all. I’m fine with all my bracelet watches. It probably is a game changer for those with more volatile wrists.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did look at one for the summer months on my BB58. Stop me going from smallest hole on the clasps to the middle one.

5mm would be to much and make it go to the last hole. 2 or 3mm would’ve been fine, but I believe it’s a similar extension to the current Rolex Explorer one.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    I bought one for my Zenith Chronomaster original and delighted with it. It works the same as the rolex easylink and the finishing is as per oem. After spending thousands on a watch I don't think another hundred is excessive to really improve overall wearing comfort with variation in temperatures. I would have no hesitation recommending.

I think the half links are more helpful than the 5mm on the fly adjustment personally.

Master
    Blog Entries
    5mm just takes you from too tight to too loose ...equally annoying.

I would need the ability to change by a max. of 3mm which is what I do with leather straps and my IWC micro adjust which has ~1mm increments x about 7

Craftsman
    If they cost £50, I think they would be a no-brainer, but at £112 it doesn't seem great value.

Great idea. Stupid price!

Just to point out that the Rolex Easylink extension also provides an additional 5mm. I find that spot on for on the fly adjustment, and I've never seen a single complaint about it being excessive.