closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Checking mobile phone coverage

Craftsman

Checking mobile phone coverage

I'm currently with Tesco on the O2 network and looking at a new phone deal. O2 aren't the most competitive for what I'm interested in. Does anyone know please what the most accurate site for showing coverage is please. My neighbours confirm that Vodafone is not great - the Ofcom map suggests voice coverage but not data is available as a control check
    Any advice appreciated

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Its a bit hit and miss, but OpenSignal can be useful if there are enough nearby users to give an idea of coverage in the area you are interested.

At work we used Network Cell Info. A free app in the Android Play Store. Useful for all sorts of data and wi-fi signal checking.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Taxboy View Post
    I'm currently with Tesco on the O2 network and looking at a new phone deal. O2 aren't the most competitive for what I'm interested in. Does anyone know please what the most accurate site for showing coverage is please. My neighbours confirm that Vodafone is not great - the Ofcom map suggests voice coverage but not data is available as a control check
    Any advice appreciated

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk
    I'd just get a free PAYG SIM off Vodafone, EE, and Three and see which one gives you the strongest signal, and go off that.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Through business I have been on O2 for over twenty years but circumstance change has seen me having to take out a personal contract. Over all those years I’ve had only two places in our home where I could take calls.

I’ve gone for ID which is a rolling month contract 120gb data and all the calls and messages for £12 a month. The fella in Curry’s got the ofcom (I think) site up which confirmed a big O2 black hole over my village and wall to wall ID. I could not be happier.

Pitch

Master
    I use an app called FindTower when I'm at clients' places determining their potential to use 5G broadband. It shows all the towers of all networks in the surrounding area which helps to ascertain if good reception is likely or viable.

Also look on the individual provider's websites as there's often a coverage map.

Master
    I think it rather depends on how you are going to use it too. We have a 3 sim deal in a mifi router which gives us as good a wifi signal as we get through our home broadband. To be fair both arwe rubbish by current standards but everything works. But when I tried my O2 signal it wasnt nearly as good. But that's a fixed point. Normally on a mobile you will be just that.
    Where you are in the house, how high etc etc also makes a difference so really if you want it for a specific task in a certain place the idea of trying a payg sim does seem the safest/most reliable method.

Craftsman
    Thanks to everyone for their input. However I've just checked and I can now get a decent deal with O2 so problem solved

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk